IOWA CITY, Iowa — Taking college admission tests such as the ACT may be one of the most stressful experiences faced by high school students preparing for college.
For at least 13 Utah high school students this year, the experience turned out especially well.
Those 13 received a top composite score of 36 on the test and will be recognized at a Utah ACT State Organization Council luncheon at the South Towne Exposition Center in Sandy on Wednesday. The event is part of the Utah ACT State Organization Conference.
The 13 students — identified through the Dec. 10 test — will receive an award commemorating their achievement.
The top scorers include: Caleb Case of Park City High School in Park City, Michael Christensen of Timpview High School in Provo, Joy Hui of Skyline High School in Salt Lake City, and Nathan Hulet of American Fork High School in American Fork.
Also: Andrew Johnson of Riverton High School in Riverton, Elizabeth Kimball of Rowland Hall-Saint Mark's School in Salt Lake City, Kasper Kubica of West High School in Salt Lake City, and Stefan Lehnardt of Skyline High School in Salt Lake City.
In addition: Helena Ma of Davis High School in Kaysville, Christopher Madsen of West Jordan High School in West Jordan, Stephanie Metherall of West High School in Salt Lake City, Frost Mitchell of Tooele High School in Tooele, and Landon Willey of Viewmont High School in Bountiful.
The ACT college admissions exam consists of tests in English, math, reading, and science. Each test is scored on a scale of 1-36. A student's composite score is the average of the four scores.
Students who earn a top score should have a choice of the widest possible range of future educational opportunities. ACT scores are accepted at all colleges and universities across the nation.
Founded in 1959, ACT is a not-for-profit testing and research organization headquartered in Iowa City, Iowa.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 63
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8