Utah Jazz beat the Los Angeles Lakers on the road, 103-99
LOS ANGELES — One team's All-Star center went off. Another team was missing its starting center.
You wouldn't know that by looking at the Staples Center scoreboard.
Sparked by Paul Millsap and multiple big-time peformances from some Junior Jazz members, Utah picked up its biggest road win of the season.
Millsap scored 24 points and rookies Enes Kanter and Alec Burks contributed career-high 17-point performances to lead the Jazz to a thrilling and unexpected 103-99 win over the Lakers in front of a stunned L.A. crowd.
Andrew Bynum led all scorers with 33 points, but Kobe Bryant missed 17 of 20 shots and the Jazz's youth played their hearts out in filling the void left by missing Al Jefferson (funeral).
Derrick Favors added 12 points and 10 rebounds, and Devin Harris and Josh Howard contributed a dozen points as the Jazz improved to 23-22 after snapping a three-game losing streak.
L.A. dropped to 28-17 and saw its previously best-in-the-NBA home mark fall to 19-3.
LOS ANGELES — The Utah Jazz are missing their usual starting center, and the Los Angeles Lakers' All-Star middle man is having a monstrous game.
Despite that, the Jazz hold a one-point lead, 45-44, at halftime over the Lakers at Staples Center.
Paul Millsap leads Utah with 10 points, while fellow starters Devin Harris, C.J. Miles, Josh Howard and Derrick Favors (seven rebounds) have combined to score 23 points. Reserve Enes Kanter also has six points and four boards.
Andrew Bynum tops all scorers with 16 points and the Lakers' other 7-footer, Pau Gasol, has 10 points.
Kobe Bryant only has five points on 1-for-8 shooting.
Utah (22-22) is trying to snap a three-game losing streak while putting together a three-game winning streak. The Lakers (28-16) have won five in a row and are an NBA-best 19-2 at home.
The Jazz are playing without starters Al Jefferson (funeral) and Raja Bell (strained adductor). Backup point guard Earl Watson (ankle) is back with the team but will not play tonight.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football...
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory over...
- Injury-riddled BYU set to host WCC powerhouse...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 117
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 38
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 19