What's new: 'Walk With Me - the Paintings of Greg Olsen'
"WALK WITH ME: The Paintings of Greg Olsen," by Greg Olsen, Covenant Communications, 108 pages, $24.99 (nf)
From well-known paintings of the Savior to landscapes and other scenes from nature, 84 of Mormon artist Greg Olsen's paintings are included in "Walk With Me."
This tabletop book also includes text and poetry from Olsen along with quotes and passages from scriptures.
"My philosophy on art is quite simple: I appreciate the beauty of art and the way it makes me feel," Olsen writes in "Walk with Me." "I hope others will be happy and uplifted when they see this work."
His paintings of the Savior are included in the first half of the book, and then it transitions to paints of landscapes, lighthouses, harbors, flowers, sunsets and homes.
Olsen also includes his view of places around the world, like Parc du Champ de Mars, which leads up to the Eiffel Tower, and the Port of Call at Kusadasi, Turkey, near Ephesus where the apostle Paul walked, along with stateside spots from Cache County, a family reunion in Montana and the Harbor Lighthouse in Ohio, which was used by the early members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the Statue of Liberty.
It's bookended by his paintings of Christmas images, including "A Light to the Gentiles," which shows the baby Jesus being shown at the temple.
"I like to think that my paintings might remind people of where they can find their strength and comfort and help reaffirm what is really important in their lives," Olsen writes.
It's a unique collection of art as Olsen shares his testimony of the Savior and showcases the simple beauty of nature and places with fond memories.
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents child...
- One year ago, founding member of SEAL Team...
- Would BYU honor code be better with an...
- Mormon man's rap album hits No. 1 spot on...
- 'One in Charity': Thousands gather for 40th...
- New poll finds Americans less likely to keep...
- LDS Church hires assistant church historian...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Defending the Faith: Taking a 'Leap of... 34
- New poll finds Americans less likely to... 27
- Should your boss know that you keep the... 25
- ... 18
- The benefits some families see from... 16
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents... 11