What's new: 'Walk With Me - the Paintings of Greg Olsen'
"WALK WITH ME: The Paintings of Greg Olsen," by Greg Olsen, Covenant Communications, 108 pages, $24.99 (nf)
From well-known paintings of the Savior to landscapes and other scenes from nature, 84 of Mormon artist Greg Olsen's paintings are included in "Walk With Me."
This tabletop book also includes text and poetry from Olsen along with quotes and passages from scriptures.
"My philosophy on art is quite simple: I appreciate the beauty of art and the way it makes me feel," Olsen writes in "Walk with Me." "I hope others will be happy and uplifted when they see this work."
His paintings of the Savior are included in the first half of the book, and then it transitions to paints of landscapes, lighthouses, harbors, flowers, sunsets and homes.
Olsen also includes his view of places around the world, like Parc du Champ de Mars, which leads up to the Eiffel Tower, and the Port of Call at Kusadasi, Turkey, near Ephesus where the apostle Paul walked, along with stateside spots from Cache County, a family reunion in Montana and the Harbor Lighthouse in Ohio, which was used by the early members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the Statue of Liberty.
It's bookended by his paintings of Christmas images, including "A Light to the Gentiles," which shows the baby Jesus being shown at the temple.
"I like to think that my paintings might remind people of where they can find their strength and comfort and help reaffirm what is really important in their lives," Olsen writes.
It's a unique collection of art as Olsen shares his testimony of the Savior and showcases the simple beauty of nature and places with fond memories.
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- LDS Church leaders speak at RootsTech Family...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- Elder Oaks to speak at Johns Hopkins on...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 38
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 13
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- Hamblin & Peterson: Buddhism and violence 7
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5
- 'Rich and fascinating': New online... 4