What's new: 'Walk With Me - the Paintings of Greg Olsen'
"WALK WITH ME: The Paintings of Greg Olsen," by Greg Olsen, Covenant Communications, 108 pages, $24.99 (nf)
From well-known paintings of the Savior to landscapes and other scenes from nature, 84 of Mormon artist Greg Olsen's paintings are included in "Walk With Me."
This tabletop book also includes text and poetry from Olsen along with quotes and passages from scriptures.
"My philosophy on art is quite simple: I appreciate the beauty of art and the way it makes me feel," Olsen writes in "Walk with Me." "I hope others will be happy and uplifted when they see this work."
His paintings of the Savior are included in the first half of the book, and then it transitions to paints of landscapes, lighthouses, harbors, flowers, sunsets and homes.
Olsen also includes his view of places around the world, like Parc du Champ de Mars, which leads up to the Eiffel Tower, and the Port of Call at Kusadasi, Turkey, near Ephesus where the apostle Paul walked, along with stateside spots from Cache County, a family reunion in Montana and the Harbor Lighthouse in Ohio, which was used by the early members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the Statue of Liberty.
It's bookended by his paintings of Christmas images, including "A Light to the Gentiles," which shows the baby Jesus being shown at the temple.
"I like to think that my paintings might remind people of where they can find their strength and comfort and help reaffirm what is really important in their lives," Olsen writes.
It's a unique collection of art as Olsen shares his testimony of the Savior and showcases the simple beauty of nature and places with fond memories.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 12
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5