RIVERTON — A celebration of life for a young girl whose body was found in the Jordan River is planned for the weekend.
In an obituary printed Thursday, the family of Anne Grace Kasprzak, 15, wrote, "a celebration of Annie's life" will be held Saturday at the New Creation Church, 8700 S. Sandy Parkway, at 4 p.m.
"Our daughter, Anne Grace Kasprzak, was born Jan. 10, 1997, but it wasn't until years later that she came to meet the people she considers her parents and was adopted into the family that loves her. She was taken from us long before she had the chance to live out her dreams," the obituary stated.
The teen's given name was Anne, but she called herself "Annie" and her mother said the name stuck. Her family recalled how Anne loved listening to music and hanging out with friends "as any teen would."
"She loved her family and was a superhero to her little brothers and sister. She had a caring spirit that loved so strongly. She taught us and enriched our lives with her presence."
Anne is survived by her parents and step-parents, five brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.
Police again offered no new information or comments Thursday regarding the investigation into her death. A cause of death has not been released.
Police have said they believe the incident was isolated and not random, but have not offered any explanation why. Her mother and stepfather do not believe the death was the result of suicide or an accidental death.
Anne was reported as a runaway to police about an hour after she was last seen at her mother's Riverton home.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Wyoming authorities to speak about Utah rail...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Deerlodge Road to undergo $5.6M in improvements
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 35
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 25