RIVERTON — A celebration of life for a young girl whose body was found in the Jordan River is planned for the weekend.
In an obituary printed Thursday, the family of Anne Grace Kasprzak, 15, wrote, "a celebration of Annie's life" will be held Saturday at the New Creation Church, 8700 S. Sandy Parkway, at 4 p.m.
"Our daughter, Anne Grace Kasprzak, was born Jan. 10, 1997, but it wasn't until years later that she came to meet the people she considers her parents and was adopted into the family that loves her. She was taken from us long before she had the chance to live out her dreams," the obituary stated.
The teen's given name was Anne, but she called herself "Annie" and her mother said the name stuck. Her family recalled how Anne loved listening to music and hanging out with friends "as any teen would."
"She loved her family and was a superhero to her little brothers and sister. She had a caring spirit that loved so strongly. She taught us and enriched our lives with her presence."
Anne is survived by her parents and step-parents, five brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents.
Police again offered no new information or comments Thursday regarding the investigation into her death. A cause of death has not been released.
Police have said they believe the incident was isolated and not random, but have not offered any explanation why. Her mother and stepfather do not believe the death was the result of suicide or an accidental death.
Anne was reported as a runaway to police about an hour after she was last seen at her mother's Riverton home.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 70
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17