March Madness is officially here with a full slate of games today in the NCAA Tournament.
BYU tips off against No. 3 seed Marquette at 12:45 p.m. MT. The game will be broadcast on CBS.
"'Marquette typically wins the fast-break battle, but it gave up a season-high 35 transition points in its loss to Louisville in the Big East tournament last week,' writes Brian Bennett. 'The last time the Golden Eagles were a No. 3 seed, they made the Final Four in 2003 behind Dwyane Wade. ... With Tuesday's victory, BYU has won NCAA tournament games in three straight years for the first time in school history.'"
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel breaks down how Marquette can win — and lose.
"How they win: Because the Cougars are not a great defensive team individually, Rose thinks the key for the Cougars will be their help defense. Brigham Young has given up 66.8 points per game while Marquette averages 75.9, and the Cougars will be conscious of keeping the Golden Eagles out of the paint and taking the ball to the hoop. 'As a group, we do a really good job of helping,' said Rose. 'We're going to have to make Marquette shoot contested shots. It's a team that loves to drive the ball. They're really patient offensively.'
"How they lose: In the first half of Tuesday's game when it scored 55 points, Iona showed what happens when Brigham Young lets up-tempo teams get in the open court. So if Marquette is able to get stops defensively and run, it will be a long day for the Cougars. 'We're a pretty fast team in transition,' said Marquette guard Darius Johnson-Odom. 'That's one of our assets as far as scoring. We do a good job of getting the ball out on the floor.' Brigham Young's zone defense slowed down Iona in the second half and the Golden Eagles expect to see lots of zone from the Cougars. 'I'm sure we'll try a couple different things just to kind of confuse them a little bit,' said BYU's Brandon Davies."
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48