March Madness is officially here with a full slate of games today in the NCAA Tournament.
BYU tips off against No. 3 seed Marquette at 12:45 p.m. MT. The game will be broadcast on CBS.
"'Marquette typically wins the fast-break battle, but it gave up a season-high 35 transition points in its loss to Louisville in the Big East tournament last week,' writes Brian Bennett. 'The last time the Golden Eagles were a No. 3 seed, they made the Final Four in 2003 behind Dwyane Wade. ... With Tuesday's victory, BYU has won NCAA tournament games in three straight years for the first time in school history.'"
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel breaks down how Marquette can win — and lose.
"How they win: Because the Cougars are not a great defensive team individually, Rose thinks the key for the Cougars will be their help defense. Brigham Young has given up 66.8 points per game while Marquette averages 75.9, and the Cougars will be conscious of keeping the Golden Eagles out of the paint and taking the ball to the hoop. 'As a group, we do a really good job of helping,' said Rose. 'We're going to have to make Marquette shoot contested shots. It's a team that loves to drive the ball. They're really patient offensively.'
"How they lose: In the first half of Tuesday's game when it scored 55 points, Iona showed what happens when Brigham Young lets up-tempo teams get in the open court. So if Marquette is able to get stops defensively and run, it will be a long day for the Cougars. 'We're a pretty fast team in transition,' said Marquette guard Darius Johnson-Odom. 'That's one of our assets as far as scoring. We do a good job of getting the ball out on the floor.' Brigham Young's zone defense slowed down Iona in the second half and the Golden Eagles expect to see lots of zone from the Cougars. 'I'm sure we'll try a couple different things just to kind of confuse them a little bit,' said BYU's Brandon Davies."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19