Utah Jazz scorched by Phoenix Suns on the road, 120-111
"It's frustrating," Corbin said of the Jazz's road woes. "It's frustrating to not get the one or two plays you're looking for, but it is encouraging that the guys continue to fight."
Corbin hopes the Jazz will bounce back quickly when the host Minnesota tonight.
Millsap and Jefferson each scored 18 points apiece for the Jazz, who suffered from foul problems all night.
Phoenix went 23-for-32 from the free-throw line — compared to a 12-for-17 night for Utah — and Jefferson and Devin Harris sat for extended periods of time with four fouls.
The Jazz obviously weren't thrilled with that discrepancy, but they were more concerned about the Suns' ability to pick apart Utah on the pick-and-rolls and hit open looks.
"If they're not missing shots like tonight, it's hard to beat them," Jefferson said, "especially on their home floor."
The Jazz had several bright spots off the bench. Derrick Favors scored 14, Gordon Hayward chipped in with 13 points and Jamaal Tinsley filled in nicely for Watson and foul-plagued Harris with eight assists and 11 points.
Corbin stuck with Tinsley the entire fourth quarter because he liked his "aggressive play."
GAME NOTES: Watson is doubtful for tonight's game against the T-Wolves because of his moderate left ankle sprain . … Former Jazz guard Ronnie Price did not see any action for the Suns. The former Utah Valley standout, who played four years with the Jazz, hasn't played in a game since Feb. 15, in fact. … Corbin and Harris both received technical fouls.
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame like...
- BYU assistant football coach is also Bishop...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- Deseret News previews of all 103 varsity...
- BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 140
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 105
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 88
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 45
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 44
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 25
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame... 24