Utah Jazz scorched by Phoenix Suns on the road, 120-111
"It's frustrating," Corbin said of the Jazz's road woes. "It's frustrating to not get the one or two plays you're looking for, but it is encouraging that the guys continue to fight."
Corbin hopes the Jazz will bounce back quickly when the host Minnesota tonight.
Millsap and Jefferson each scored 18 points apiece for the Jazz, who suffered from foul problems all night.
Phoenix went 23-for-32 from the free-throw line — compared to a 12-for-17 night for Utah — and Jefferson and Devin Harris sat for extended periods of time with four fouls.
The Jazz obviously weren't thrilled with that discrepancy, but they were more concerned about the Suns' ability to pick apart Utah on the pick-and-rolls and hit open looks.
"If they're not missing shots like tonight, it's hard to beat them," Jefferson said, "especially on their home floor."
The Jazz had several bright spots off the bench. Derrick Favors scored 14, Gordon Hayward chipped in with 13 points and Jamaal Tinsley filled in nicely for Watson and foul-plagued Harris with eight assists and 11 points.
Corbin stuck with Tinsley the entire fourth quarter because he liked his "aggressive play."
GAME NOTES: Watson is doubtful for tonight's game against the T-Wolves because of his moderate left ankle sprain . … Former Jazz guard Ronnie Price did not see any action for the Suns. The former Utah Valley standout, who played four years with the Jazz, hasn't played in a game since Feb. 15, in fact. … Corbin and Harris both received technical fouls.
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20