Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns pulled a mini-BYU in the first half of their game tonight against the Utah Jazz.
Trailing by 13 points, the Suns rallied to tie 53-53 at halftime at US Airways Center.
Utah used a 15-2 run spanning the first and second quarters to go ahead 35-22.
But the Suns chipped away at that lead going into the locker room, especially after backup Jazz point guard Earl Watson left with a sprained left ankle.
Channing Frye sank a 3-pointer just before the end of the half and leads all scorers with 15 points. Marcin Gortat added 13 for Phoenix.
Paul Millsap tops Utah with nine points.
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school football: Riley Nelson hired as...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story priceless,...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian players...
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again
- High school softball: 5A, 4A, 3A state...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 57
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 55
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 51
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 46
- BYU football to receive 6-figure payout... 40