Utah Jazz tied with the Phoenix Suns on the road at halftime, 53-53
Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns pulled a mini-BYU in the first half of their game tonight against the Utah Jazz.
Trailing by 13 points, the Suns rallied to tie 53-53 at halftime at US Airways Center.
Utah used a 15-2 run spanning the first and second quarters to go ahead 35-22.
But the Suns chipped away at that lead going into the locker room, especially after backup Jazz point guard Earl Watson left with a sprained left ankle.
Channing Frye sank a 3-pointer just before the end of the half and leads all scorers with 15 points. Marcin Gortat added 13 for Phoenix.
Paul Millsap tops Utah with nine points.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33