Utah Jazz tied with the Phoenix Suns on the road at halftime, 53-53
Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns pulled a mini-BYU in the first half of their game tonight against the Utah Jazz.
Trailing by 13 points, the Suns rallied to tie 53-53 at halftime at US Airways Center.
Utah used a 15-2 run spanning the first and second quarters to go ahead 35-22.
But the Suns chipped away at that lead going into the locker room, especially after backup Jazz point guard Earl Watson left with a sprained left ankle.
Channing Frye sank a 3-pointer just before the end of the half and leads all scorers with 15 points. Marcin Gortat added 13 for Phoenix.
Paul Millsap tops Utah with nine points.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28