Utah Jazz tied with the Phoenix Suns on the road at halftime, 53-53
Ross D. Franklin, Associated Press
PHOENIX — The Phoenix Suns pulled a mini-BYU in the first half of their game tonight against the Utah Jazz.
Trailing by 13 points, the Suns rallied to tie 53-53 at halftime at US Airways Center.
Utah used a 15-2 run spanning the first and second quarters to go ahead 35-22.
But the Suns chipped away at that lead going into the locker room, especially after backup Jazz point guard Earl Watson left with a sprained left ankle.
Channing Frye sank a 3-pointer just before the end of the half and leads all scorers with 15 points. Marcin Gortat added 13 for Phoenix.
Paul Millsap tops Utah with nine points.
- Big 12 commissioner: Some in league feel...
- Former Cardinals exec sentenced to 4 years in...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 122
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: Projecting the 2016... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 67
- Morning links: National college... 62
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 58
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 45