Sometimes we focus on work and career solely because we know we’ll get paid. After all, a job puts food on the table and helps us provide for our families. But it’s frequently looked at as something we have to do. What a bonus, though, if we love what we do and actually look forward to going to work every day. And if we really have a passion for our jobs — and helping others — we might even be willing to donate our time with no thought of monetary reward.
That’s the case with Dr. Scott McGavin, a local dentist and humanitarian who travels to India to help the leprosy-affected and their children. This Sunday, on the March 18 installment of "Mormon Times TV," you’ll get a firsthand look at the lives and faces he and his colleagues are changing, one smile at a time. It’s love of fellowman and true charity at their finest.
Ardeth Kapp, former Young Women general president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, discusses how we can live a life of love by doing what we came to do. Are we really spending our time — our lives — on the right kinds of things? As we love others, we will be changed as well.
And this is your chance to sing a popular Primary song with people from all over the world and end up on a DVD. It’s an LDS “virtual choir” that mainly features children. You’ll see how you and your family can participate online.
Plus another creative outlet with a global flavor on "Mormon Times TV." You’ll get a preview of a free exhibit featuring some of the most talented LDS artists in the world.
We hope you’ll join us for these stories plus a look at the service offered by a young woman who reaches out to help other children despite her own health trials.
The "Mormon Times TV" show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation. We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at email@example.com.
Michelle King is the host of "Mormon Times TV" that airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere illusion?
- Mormon family featured on Boston's WCVB...
- Match the Relief Society presidents to their...
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- Eliza R. Snow is more than a poetess as she...
- 'Noah' receives disclaimer, may be banned in...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 93
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 70
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and... 35
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 31
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 30
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 27
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 21