Sometimes we focus on work and career solely because we know we’ll get paid. After all, a job puts food on the table and helps us provide for our families. But it’s frequently looked at as something we have to do. What a bonus, though, if we love what we do and actually look forward to going to work every day. And if we really have a passion for our jobs — and helping others — we might even be willing to donate our time with no thought of monetary reward.
That’s the case with Dr. Scott McGavin, a local dentist and humanitarian who travels to India to help the leprosy-affected and their children. This Sunday, on the March 18 installment of "Mormon Times TV," you’ll get a firsthand look at the lives and faces he and his colleagues are changing, one smile at a time. It’s love of fellowman and true charity at their finest.
Ardeth Kapp, former Young Women general president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, discusses how we can live a life of love by doing what we came to do. Are we really spending our time — our lives — on the right kinds of things? As we love others, we will be changed as well.
And this is your chance to sing a popular Primary song with people from all over the world and end up on a DVD. It’s an LDS “virtual choir” that mainly features children. You’ll see how you and your family can participate online.
Plus another creative outlet with a global flavor on "Mormon Times TV." You’ll get a preview of a free exhibit featuring some of the most talented LDS artists in the world.
We hope you’ll join us for these stories plus a look at the service offered by a young woman who reaches out to help other children despite her own health trials.
The "Mormon Times TV" show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation. We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at email@example.com.
Michelle King is the host of "Mormon Times TV" that airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 49
- New DVD tells story of David... 12
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5