BYU women's basketball: Cougars will play DePaul in Chicago in NCAA Tournament
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
PROVO — The BYU women's basketball team will play DePaul Saturday in Chicago in the NCAA Tournament.
The Cougars gathered at the BYU Broadcast Building next to the Marriott Center Monday afternoon to find out their destination. A big cheer erupted when their name finally flashed on the screen in the final bracket of the broadcast on ESPN.
BYU (26-6) earned an NCAA berth by winning the West Coast Conference Tournament last week in Las Vegas, beating regular-season champion Gonzaga in the tournament final.
The Cougars and Blue Demons (22-10) will play at the Rosemont All-State Arena Saturday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. MT.
The Cougars last went to the NCAA Tournament in 2007 when they lost a first-round game to Louisville in Los Angeles. This will mark the Cougars' ninth NCAA appearance.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7