BYU women's basketball: Cougars will play DePaul in Chicago in NCAA Tournament
Jaren Wilkey/BYU, Jaren Wilkey/BYU
PROVO — The BYU women's basketball team will play DePaul Saturday in Chicago in the NCAA Tournament.
The Cougars gathered at the BYU Broadcast Building next to the Marriott Center Monday afternoon to find out their destination. A big cheer erupted when their name finally flashed on the screen in the final bracket of the broadcast on ESPN.
BYU (26-6) earned an NCAA berth by winning the West Coast Conference Tournament last week in Las Vegas, beating regular-season champion Gonzaga in the tournament final.
The Cougars and Blue Demons (22-10) will play at the Rosemont All-State Arena Saturday afternoon at 4:30 p.m. MT.
The Cougars last went to the NCAA Tournament in 2007 when they lost a first-round game to Louisville in Los Angeles. This will mark the Cougars' ninth NCAA appearance.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27