The Cricket & Seagull: 'Glory!' a virtuosic new recording from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square
This new album features masterworks, sacred anthems, a folk hymn, a song from the Broadway stage and selections from some of the most eminent film composers of our day. Included are jubilant renditions of “Ode to Joy” from Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, Ennio Morricone’s “Nella Fantasia” from "The Mission" and one of the choirs most frequently requested anthems, “The Holy City.”
In this audio interview, director Mack Wilberg talks about the music choices, inviting tenor soloist Stanford Olsen, the most humbling aspect of working with the choir, and the joy of performing and recording some of the world's most enduring (and difficult!) works for choir and orchestra.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- "Hymn of Praise"
- "Pilgrim Song"
- "Look to the Day"
- “Wonder” from "Dances to Lif"
- “My House” from "Peter Pan"
- "Music: Leonard Bernstein"
- “Exsultate Justi” from "Empire of the Sun"
- "Psalm 148"
- “Cum Sancto Spiritu” from "Petite Messe Solennelle"
- “Blessed Be the Lord” from "Messe Solennelle de Ste. Cecile"
- "The Holy City"
- “Nella Fantasia, "based on “Gabriel’s Oboe,” from "The Mission"
- “Non Nobis, Domine” from "Henry V"
- “Ode to Joy” excerpts from Symphony No. 9
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- This is even more evidence that Jesus may...
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Helping people deal with criticisms against...
- Mormon Channel releases gritty videos of real...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Is the world's oldest Quran older than Muhammad?