CHICAGO — They played an awfully familiar-looking talented team — perhaps the NBA's best — with starters including Carlos Boozer, Kyle Korver, Ronnie Brewer, a Turkish big man and an All-Star point guard.
And the visitors were without two of their own starters for different reasons, with Raja Bell out due to what the team is calling an "internal matter" and Devin Harris being sidelined with stomach flu.
Not surprisingly, the Chicago Jazz had their way with the undermanned and outmatched Utah Jazz.
Familiarity, in this case, bred a whole lot of points and production for the Bulls' three former Utah players in Chicago's 111-97 win at United Center.
Boozer had a game-high 27 points, Korver fired in six 3-pointers, which had to be painful for Jazz fans to watch swish in, and finished with 26 points. Brewer added 11 points with a late alley-oop dunk.
The Bulls' other starters played their parts well, too, as MVP Derrick Rose had 24 points and 13 assists and big man Omer Asik from Turkey added solid defense with two blocks.
Meanwhile, the Jazz's modge-podge lineup — Earl Watson and Gordon Hayward replaced Harris and Bell — struggled to get much of anything going while wrapping up their five-game road trip with a second blowout loss in a row.
Paul Millsap had a team-high 26 points, Al Jefferson added 16 and Josh Howard chipped in 15, but Utah didn't score more than 22 points in the first three quarters while falling behind by double digits.
They had even bigger problems on the defensive end, failing to contain Rose and experiencing all sorts of trouble with Boozer in the post and Korver on the perimeter.
As a team, the Bulls (34-9) shot 55.8 percent.
The Jazz return home to play Detroit on Monday after going 2-3 on this road trip and falling to 19-21.
(For more information on Bell's absence, click here: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765558461/Utah-Jazz-Raja-Bell-will-not-be-playing-against-Chicago-Bulls-tonight.html.)
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28