SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake man has been charged with kidnapping for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and keeping her against her will for 13 days in his apartment.
Christopher James Hare, 28, was charged in 3rd District Court Thursday with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony, and aggravated assault, a second-degree felony. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Neighbors heard banging in Hare's apartment and heard his girlfriend screaming things such as "No!" "Please stop!" and "Help!" on Feb. 17, the charges state. The neighbors then witnessed Hare walk out the back door with his girlfriend following him. He pushed her away, entered his truck and left, charges state.
Police responded and heard Hare's girlfriend inside the apartment crying and screaming. The officer identified himself and the girlfriend told him to come to the back door because she couldn't walk.
The officer reported seeing blood on the girlfriend's face and clothes. She told the officer she and Hare were arguing and Hare had punched her in the face multiple times "because she was being loud," according to the charges.
The woman went to the hospital the day she was assaulted and was released Feb. 20. Once she returned home, Hare "kept her with him, refusing to let her leave" for nearly two weeks, the charges state. On March 4, Hare allegedly called a friend of the woman and told him to come pick up his girlfriend or "he was going to hurt her."
A doctor who treated the woman for her injuries said she had a fractured jaw and she had re-injured her fractured ribs and a fracture under her eye.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 32
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15