SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake man has been charged with kidnapping for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and keeping her against her will for 13 days in his apartment.
Christopher James Hare, 28, was charged in 3rd District Court Thursday with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony, and aggravated assault, a second-degree felony. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Neighbors heard banging in Hare's apartment and heard his girlfriend screaming things such as "No!" "Please stop!" and "Help!" on Feb. 17, the charges state. The neighbors then witnessed Hare walk out the back door with his girlfriend following him. He pushed her away, entered his truck and left, charges state.
Police responded and heard Hare's girlfriend inside the apartment crying and screaming. The officer identified himself and the girlfriend told him to come to the back door because she couldn't walk.
The officer reported seeing blood on the girlfriend's face and clothes. She told the officer she and Hare were arguing and Hare had punched her in the face multiple times "because she was being loud," according to the charges.
The woman went to the hospital the day she was assaulted and was released Feb. 20. Once she returned home, Hare "kept her with him, refusing to let her leave" for nearly two weeks, the charges state. On March 4, Hare allegedly called a friend of the woman and told him to come pick up his girlfriend or "he was going to hurt her."
A doctor who treated the woman for her injuries said she had a fractured jaw and she had re-injured her fractured ribs and a fracture under her eye.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Missing Millard County woman's body found...
- Co-workers help Syracuse mother conquer daily...
- South Carolina woman dies on Sundance zip line
- Police: Man shot, injured by officer in Ogden
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 21
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 19
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12