SALT LAKE CITY — A Salt Lake man has been charged with kidnapping for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend and keeping her against her will for 13 days in his apartment.
Christopher James Hare, 28, was charged in 3rd District Court Thursday with aggravated kidnapping, a first-degree felony, and aggravated assault, a second-degree felony. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Neighbors heard banging in Hare's apartment and heard his girlfriend screaming things such as "No!" "Please stop!" and "Help!" on Feb. 17, the charges state. The neighbors then witnessed Hare walk out the back door with his girlfriend following him. He pushed her away, entered his truck and left, charges state.
Police responded and heard Hare's girlfriend inside the apartment crying and screaming. The officer identified himself and the girlfriend told him to come to the back door because she couldn't walk.
The officer reported seeing blood on the girlfriend's face and clothes. She told the officer she and Hare were arguing and Hare had punched her in the face multiple times "because she was being loud," according to the charges.
The woman went to the hospital the day she was assaulted and was released Feb. 20. Once she returned home, Hare "kept her with him, refusing to let her leave" for nearly two weeks, the charges state. On March 4, Hare allegedly called a friend of the woman and told him to come pick up his girlfriend or "he was going to hurt her."
A doctor who treated the woman for her injuries said she had a fractured jaw and she had re-injured her fractured ribs and a fracture under her eye.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8