Provided by Shadow Mountain Records
"Higher" is the third CD by the singing trio Mercy River, including songs that uplift and encourage.
Soni Muller, Whitney Permann and Brooke Stone are the mothers that make up Mercy River, with 13 children among them.
“Our sound is becoming more about who we are now; it’s a reflection of our personalities and our outlook on life,” Stone said in a news release.
The 11 songs are a mix of contemporary-inspirational songs, such as "Better Than a Hallelujah," and other original songs like "Let Go," which focuses on letting go of pressure to be perfect and sharing individual, unique talents.
The song styles vary, from the upbeat ones like "Beautiful Life" to slower, inspirational tunes, such as "With Him We Can" and "It Might Be Hope." The songs have encouraging messages and can help bring a smile or instill hope.
Stone, Muller and Permann, all of Utah, were part of the 120-plus-voice Jenny Phillips choir when they met and were brought together to be a trio. Their voices and personalities meshed and blended well, and Mercy River had its source.
The trio performs at Time Out for Women events around the U.S; a schedule can be found at tofw.com.
Mercy River will be performing at the downtown Salt Lake City story on March 23 at 6 p.m. and March 31 at 6 p.m. Their blog tour started March 5.
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon...
- 5 tips for digitizing photos
- President Henry B. Eyring rededicates temple...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 44
- Renovated LDS temple represents... 11
- 4 women witnesses to the Book of Mormon... 7
- Book review: 'Finding Peace When a... 7
- U.S. Catholic leaders approve new plan... 6
- LDS Church to release 'A Savior Is... 3
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 3
- 4 effective ways to teach your kids... 2