Utah entreprenuer Josh James named a 'Young Global Leader'
Joey Ferguson, Deseret News Archive
The World Economic Forum, an international business organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, has recognized Utah native Josh James, founder and chief executive officer of Domo, as one of its Young Global Leaders on March 6.
The Forum selects up to 200 young leaders around the world based on professional accomplishments, commitment to society and potential to contribute to the future.
“In the last few years, the world has seen the biggest recession in almost a century and we now face daunting global challenges,” said Klaus Schwab, founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum. “Recovery and innovation will require new, unique ideas and an environment where the best minds, ideas and leadership can thrive. I am particularly proud of this year's honourees, who I believe will address the challenges we face in a meaningful way through fresh thinking and true multistakeholder engagement.”
James now joins the ranks of other Young Global Leaders, including David Cameron, prime minister of the United Kingdom; and Larry Page, chief executive officer of Google.
The Forum also selected Cesar Conde, president of Univision Networks, and Valerie Keller, founder and CEO of Veritas, for the award.
James also co-founded Omniture, a web analytics company that sold to Adobe for $1.8 billion in 2009.
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Don't be surprised if you find your boss...
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes
- Nibley water ban in place until at least...
- The other gender gap less people are talking...
- Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on customer...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 10
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- How much money should you be saving... 4
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 3
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- Why McDonald's is still a powerhouse,... 1
- US stocks waver as corporate earnings... 1