Utah entreprenuer Josh James named a 'Young Global Leader'
Joey Ferguson, Deseret News Archive
The World Economic Forum, an international business organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, has recognized Utah native Josh James, founder and chief executive officer of Domo, as one of its Young Global Leaders on March 6.
The Forum selects up to 200 young leaders around the world based on professional accomplishments, commitment to society and potential to contribute to the future.
“In the last few years, the world has seen the biggest recession in almost a century and we now face daunting global challenges,” said Klaus Schwab, founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum. “Recovery and innovation will require new, unique ideas and an environment where the best minds, ideas and leadership can thrive. I am particularly proud of this year's honourees, who I believe will address the challenges we face in a meaningful way through fresh thinking and true multistakeholder engagement.”
James now joins the ranks of other Young Global Leaders, including David Cameron, prime minister of the United Kingdom; and Larry Page, chief executive officer of Google.
The Forum also selected Cesar Conde, president of Univision Networks, and Valerie Keller, founder and CEO of Veritas, for the award.
James also co-founded Omniture, a web analytics company that sold to Adobe for $1.8 billion in 2009.
- Photos: Deseret Book winter display yields...
- Utah business leaders say Congress must solve...
- Why 'Shark Tank' investor Barbara Corcoran...
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- A GDP showdown: How do state GDP numbers line...
- Are Millennials savers? Conflicting studies...
- The unstoppable powerhouse of Disney's Frozen
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops among...
- Utah business leaders say Congress must... 47
- Robots will replace 50% of today's... 13
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Imbibing in Utah grows with population,... 7
- What's next for dead malls? 5
- Looming chocolate drought may leave... 5
- Ford's new F-150 to get 26 mpg, tops... 4
- Minivans do poorly in new crash tests 2