Utah entreprenuer Josh James named a 'Young Global Leader'
Joey Ferguson, Deseret News Archive
The World Economic Forum, an international business organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, has recognized Utah native Josh James, founder and chief executive officer of Domo, as one of its Young Global Leaders on March 6.
The Forum selects up to 200 young leaders around the world based on professional accomplishments, commitment to society and potential to contribute to the future.
“In the last few years, the world has seen the biggest recession in almost a century and we now face daunting global challenges,” said Klaus Schwab, founder and executive chairman of the World Economic Forum. “Recovery and innovation will require new, unique ideas and an environment where the best minds, ideas and leadership can thrive. I am particularly proud of this year's honourees, who I believe will address the challenges we face in a meaningful way through fresh thinking and true multistakeholder engagement.”
James now joins the ranks of other Young Global Leaders, including David Cameron, prime minister of the United Kingdom; and Larry Page, chief executive officer of Google.
The Forum also selected Cesar Conde, president of Univision Networks, and Valerie Keller, founder and CEO of Veritas, for the award.
James also co-founded Omniture, a web analytics company that sold to Adobe for $1.8 billion in 2009.
- Knocking doors: What to know before signing...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Young adults prefer to share chores and...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Greek radical left wins election, threatening...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic' releases;...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 56
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 12
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Obama idea to trim college savings... 6
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3