Blue roundup: Pundits opine on BYU's NCAA tourney prospects
The question is simple, and it's on the minds of BYU fans.
Are the Cougars (25-8) going to receive a berth to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday?
ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi has BYU as a No. 12 seed facing No. 5 Temple in Portland.
CBSSports.com's Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed facing No. 7 Notre Dame in Louisville.
Sports Illustrated's Andy Glockner has BYU as "one of the last four in" and a No. 11 seed, playing as part of the "First Four" in Dayton. Glockner has the Cougars playing Northwestern with the winner squaring off against Murray State. Check out Glockner's bracket.
"The Cougars lost to Gonzaga again, this time in the semifinals, and may have blown their chance to make the Field of 68," Glockner writes. "This profile may not hold up after the rest of the week's conference tournaments. Nevada and Oregon moving into the top 50 helps appearances a bit, and maybe head-to-head with the Ducks will matter."
If BYU isn't included in the Field of 68, it will certainly go to the National Invitation Tournament, with the strong possibility of hosting at least one game.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 54
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 44
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35