Blue roundup: Pundits opine on BYU's NCAA tourney prospects
The question is simple, and it's on the minds of BYU fans.
Are the Cougars (25-8) going to receive a berth to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday?
ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi has BYU as a No. 12 seed facing No. 5 Temple in Portland.
CBSSports.com's Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed facing No. 7 Notre Dame in Louisville.
Sports Illustrated's Andy Glockner has BYU as "one of the last four in" and a No. 11 seed, playing as part of the "First Four" in Dayton. Glockner has the Cougars playing Northwestern with the winner squaring off against Murray State. Check out Glockner's bracket.
"The Cougars lost to Gonzaga again, this time in the semifinals, and may have blown their chance to make the Field of 68," Glockner writes. "This profile may not hold up after the rest of the week's conference tournaments. Nevada and Oregon moving into the top 50 helps appearances a bit, and maybe head-to-head with the Ducks will matter."
If BYU isn't included in the Field of 68, it will certainly go to the National Invitation Tournament, with the strong possibility of hosting at least one game.
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 146
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 38
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 29
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16