Blue roundup: Pundits opine on BYU's NCAA tourney prospects
The question is simple, and it's on the minds of BYU fans.
Are the Cougars (25-8) going to receive a berth to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday?
ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi has BYU as a No. 12 seed facing No. 5 Temple in Portland.
CBSSports.com's Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed facing No. 7 Notre Dame in Louisville.
Sports Illustrated's Andy Glockner has BYU as "one of the last four in" and a No. 11 seed, playing as part of the "First Four" in Dayton. Glockner has the Cougars playing Northwestern with the winner squaring off against Murray State. Check out Glockner's bracket.
"The Cougars lost to Gonzaga again, this time in the semifinals, and may have blown their chance to make the Field of 68," Glockner writes. "This profile may not hold up after the rest of the week's conference tournaments. Nevada and Oregon moving into the top 50 helps appearances a bit, and maybe head-to-head with the Ducks will matter."
If BYU isn't included in the Field of 68, it will certainly go to the National Invitation Tournament, with the strong possibility of hosting at least one game.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49