Blue roundup: Pundits opine on BYU's NCAA tourney prospects
The question is simple, and it's on the minds of BYU fans.
Are the Cougars (25-8) going to receive a berth to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday?
ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi has BYU as a No. 12 seed facing No. 5 Temple in Portland.
CBSSports.com's Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed facing No. 7 Notre Dame in Louisville.
Sports Illustrated's Andy Glockner has BYU as "one of the last four in" and a No. 11 seed, playing as part of the "First Four" in Dayton. Glockner has the Cougars playing Northwestern with the winner squaring off against Murray State. Check out Glockner's bracket.
"The Cougars lost to Gonzaga again, this time in the semifinals, and may have blown their chance to make the Field of 68," Glockner writes. "This profile may not hold up after the rest of the week's conference tournaments. Nevada and Oregon moving into the top 50 helps appearances a bit, and maybe head-to-head with the Ducks will matter."
If BYU isn't included in the Field of 68, it will certainly go to the National Invitation Tournament, with the strong possibility of hosting at least one game.
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in University...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Jazz center Rudy Gobert gets pushy with...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 51
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 50
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 30
- Ute football team has boots on the... 28