Blue roundup: Pundits opine on BYU's NCAA tourney prospects
The question is simple, and it's on the minds of BYU fans.
Are the Cougars (25-8) going to receive a berth to the NCAA Tournament on Sunday?
ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi has BYU as a No. 12 seed facing No. 5 Temple in Portland.
CBSSports.com's Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed facing No. 7 Notre Dame in Louisville.
Sports Illustrated's Andy Glockner has BYU as "one of the last four in" and a No. 11 seed, playing as part of the "First Four" in Dayton. Glockner has the Cougars playing Northwestern with the winner squaring off against Murray State. Check out Glockner's bracket.
"The Cougars lost to Gonzaga again, this time in the semifinals, and may have blown their chance to make the Field of 68," Glockner writes. "This profile may not hold up after the rest of the week's conference tournaments. Nevada and Oregon moving into the top 50 helps appearances a bit, and maybe head-to-head with the Ducks will matter."
If BYU isn't included in the Field of 68, it will certainly go to the National Invitation Tournament, with the strong possibility of hosting at least one game.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20