Mike Terry, Deseret News
CLEVELAND — Maybe it's the starting lineup change. Maybe they've turned the corner when it comes to road games. Maybe the Cleveland Cavaliers just stink.
Or maybe all of the above.
Whatever the case, the Utah Jazz have put themselves in a great position to actually win a road game, leading the Cavs 56-41 at halftime tonight at The Q.
In his first reserve role this season, Gordon Hayward leads the Jazz with 11 points at the break. Hayward helped lift the Jazz to double-digit lead territory. When he entered late in the first quarter, Utah was only up by two points.
Raja Bell's return from a groin injury forced Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to make a lineup decision, and he chose to move Hayward to the second unit despite the fact second-year swingman had started every game this season.
Bell began the game as starting shooting guard, making his return after being sidelined for six games.
Josh Howard (eight points, four boards) got the starting nod over Hayward at small forward. The nine-year veteran scored double figures in all six starts in Bell's absence.
The Jazz are looking for their first victory in seven road games, having gone without a win away from home since Feb. 12 at Memphis.
Al Jefferson scored 10 points with seven rebounds in the opening half, and Devin Harris added nine points.
Antawn Jamison leads the Cavaliers with 11 points. Cleveland has lost five games in a row.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Houston AD meets with Pac-12... 61
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 50
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 50
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49