Mike Terry, Deseret News
CLEVELAND — Maybe it's the starting lineup change. Maybe they've turned the corner when it comes to road games. Maybe the Cleveland Cavaliers just stink.
Or maybe all of the above.
Whatever the case, the Utah Jazz have put themselves in a great position to actually win a road game, leading the Cavs 56-41 at halftime tonight at The Q.
In his first reserve role this season, Gordon Hayward leads the Jazz with 11 points at the break. Hayward helped lift the Jazz to double-digit lead territory. When he entered late in the first quarter, Utah was only up by two points.
Raja Bell's return from a groin injury forced Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to make a lineup decision, and he chose to move Hayward to the second unit despite the fact second-year swingman had started every game this season.
Bell began the game as starting shooting guard, making his return after being sidelined for six games.
Josh Howard (eight points, four boards) got the starting nod over Hayward at small forward. The nine-year veteran scored double figures in all six starts in Bell's absence.
The Jazz are looking for their first victory in seven road games, having gone without a win away from home since Feb. 12 at Memphis.
Al Jefferson scored 10 points with seven rebounds in the opening half, and Devin Harris added nine points.
Antawn Jamison leads the Cavaliers with 11 points. Cleveland has lost five games in a row.
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Breaking down UMass, BYU basketball's next...
- BYU football: Cougars have gotten solid...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 194
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 54
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 45