Mike Terry, Deseret News
CLEVELAND — Maybe it's the starting lineup change. Maybe they've turned the corner when it comes to road games. Maybe the Cleveland Cavaliers just stink.
Or maybe all of the above.
Whatever the case, the Utah Jazz have put themselves in a great position to actually win a road game, leading the Cavs 56-41 at halftime tonight at The Q.
In his first reserve role this season, Gordon Hayward leads the Jazz with 11 points at the break. Hayward helped lift the Jazz to double-digit lead territory. When he entered late in the first quarter, Utah was only up by two points.
Raja Bell's return from a groin injury forced Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to make a lineup decision, and he chose to move Hayward to the second unit despite the fact second-year swingman had started every game this season.
Bell began the game as starting shooting guard, making his return after being sidelined for six games.
Josh Howard (eight points, four boards) got the starting nod over Hayward at small forward. The nine-year veteran scored double figures in all six starts in Bell's absence.
The Jazz are looking for their first victory in seven road games, having gone without a win away from home since Feb. 12 at Memphis.
Al Jefferson scored 10 points with seven rebounds in the opening half, and Devin Harris added nine points.
Antawn Jamison leads the Cavaliers with 11 points. Cleveland has lost five games in a row.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 70
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44