Mike Terry, Deseret News
CLEVELAND — Maybe it's the starting lineup change. Maybe they've turned the corner when it comes to road games. Maybe the Cleveland Cavaliers just stink.
Or maybe all of the above.
Whatever the case, the Utah Jazz have put themselves in a great position to actually win a road game, leading the Cavs 56-41 at halftime tonight at The Q.
In his first reserve role this season, Gordon Hayward leads the Jazz with 11 points at the break. Hayward helped lift the Jazz to double-digit lead territory. When he entered late in the first quarter, Utah was only up by two points.
Raja Bell's return from a groin injury forced Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to make a lineup decision, and he chose to move Hayward to the second unit despite the fact second-year swingman had started every game this season.
Bell began the game as starting shooting guard, making his return after being sidelined for six games.
Josh Howard (eight points, four boards) got the starting nod over Hayward at small forward. The nine-year veteran scored double figures in all six starts in Bell's absence.
The Jazz are looking for their first victory in seven road games, having gone without a win away from home since Feb. 12 at Memphis.
Al Jefferson scored 10 points with seven rebounds in the opening half, and Devin Harris added nine points.
Antawn Jamison leads the Cavaliers with 11 points. Cleveland has lost five games in a row.
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl...
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for bowl...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- Utah Jazz excited for a crack at undefeated...
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- College Football: Utah moves back into top...
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 106
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 67
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 50
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 46
- Brad Rock: Utes need bowl win to avoid... 36
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 36
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 36
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34