Blue roundup: More to BYU basketball team than meets the eye
Dan Wolken writes, "The fastest, strongest, most athletic team at the West Coast Conference tournament also happens to be the whitest. This is admittedly the crudest observation one could make about BYU, but it is nonetheless true. One look at the players on the floor, the players on the bench and even the coaching staff, and it hits you. BYU is the whitest team in major college basketball. And yet, in so many ways, no team in the country is as capable of challenging our perceptions of race and basketball and what it means to be talented in a game where the majority of Division I players are black."
Despite the loss to Gonzaga in the WCC Tournament semifinals, ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi still has BYU in the NCAA Tournament.
Meanwhile, bracketologist Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed, playing No. 7 Notre Dame, in Louisville.
And, finally, read a recap of how the NFL combine went for former Cougars Matt Reynolds and Hebron "Loni" Fangupo.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20