Blue roundup: More to BYU basketball team than meets the eye
Dan Wolken writes, "The fastest, strongest, most athletic team at the West Coast Conference tournament also happens to be the whitest. This is admittedly the crudest observation one could make about BYU, but it is nonetheless true. One look at the players on the floor, the players on the bench and even the coaching staff, and it hits you. BYU is the whitest team in major college basketball. And yet, in so many ways, no team in the country is as capable of challenging our perceptions of race and basketball and what it means to be talented in a game where the majority of Division I players are black."
Despite the loss to Gonzaga in the WCC Tournament semifinals, ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi still has BYU in the NCAA Tournament.
Meanwhile, bracketologist Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed, playing No. 7 Notre Dame, in Louisville.
And, finally, read a recap of how the NFL combine went for former Cougars Matt Reynolds and Hebron "Loni" Fangupo.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utah State's Evans has been on a 'long journey'
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 38
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24