Blue roundup: More to BYU basketball team than meets the eye
Dan Wolken writes, "The fastest, strongest, most athletic team at the West Coast Conference tournament also happens to be the whitest. This is admittedly the crudest observation one could make about BYU, but it is nonetheless true. One look at the players on the floor, the players on the bench and even the coaching staff, and it hits you. BYU is the whitest team in major college basketball. And yet, in so many ways, no team in the country is as capable of challenging our perceptions of race and basketball and what it means to be talented in a game where the majority of Division I players are black."
Despite the loss to Gonzaga in the WCC Tournament semifinals, ESPN.com's Joe Lunardi still has BYU in the NCAA Tournament.
Meanwhile, bracketologist Jerry Palm has BYU as a No. 10 seed, playing No. 7 Notre Dame, in Louisville.
And, finally, read a recap of how the NFL combine went for former Cougars Matt Reynolds and Hebron "Loni" Fangupo.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37