UVU wrestling: Wolverine junior Josh Wilson qualifies for NCAA Championships
For those who didn't qualify at the regional, the NCAA Division I Wrestling Committee will meet in person to select the remaining 40 at-large qualifiers, who will be announced on Wednesday. The at-large selections will be based on the following criteria: head-to-head competition, qualifying event placement, quality wins, results against common opponents, winning percentage, RPI, coaches ranking and the number of matches contested at that weight class. Last year the WWC received two additional at-large selections.
This year's three-day NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships will take place March 15-17 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. For ticket information visit Ticketmaster.com or call the Scottrade Center ticket office at 314-622-5400.
West Regional/WWC Automatic Qualifiers for the 2012 NCAA Championships (champions listed first)
125 - Trent Sprenkle (NDSU)
125 - Michael Martinez (WYO)
133 - Joe Colon (UNI)
133 - Zach Zehner (WYO)
141 - Levi Wolfensperger (UNI)
149 - Cole VonOhlen (AFA)
149 - Josh Wilson (UVU)
157 - Steven Monk (NDSU)
157 - David Bonin (UNI)
157 - Josh Kreimier (AFA)
165 - Shane Onufer (WYO)
165 - Gabe Burak (UNC)
174 - Pat Martinez (WYO)
184 - Joe LeBlanc (WYO)
184 - Ryan Loder (UNI)
197 - Alfonso Hernandez (WYO)
285 - Blayne Beale (UNI)
Final Team Scores
1. Wyoming (93.5)
2. Northern Iowa (76)
3. North Dakota State (51.5)
4. Air Force (50.5)
5. Utah Valley (43.5)
6. Northern Colorado (36.5)
7. South Dakota State (5)
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information on Wolverine athletics, visit WolverineGreen.com.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks off...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- College football predictions: How will... 137
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36