SCIPIO, Millard County — A woman was killed in a rollover accident on I-15 Sunday night.
The incident brought the number of weekend fatalities on Utah's roads to six since Saturday night.
In the latest accident, Kathy Free, 58, of Centerville, was driving north on I-15 near Scipio just after 9 p.m. when her car went into the median for an unknown reason and rolled multiple times, according to the Utah Department of Public Safety.
Free, who was not wearing a seat belt, was ejected from the vehicle. She was declared dead at the scene.
That accident came on the heels of a string of tragic weekend incidents.
• Andrea Fuguel, 37, of Taylorsville, and Erica Warneke, 35, of West Jordan, were hit and killed while crossing Redwood Road near 3600 South early Sunday.
• Tanya Bendowski, 26, of Draper, was killed late Saturday when she ran into the back of a semitrailer on I-15 near 11900 South that was parked in the emergency lane.
• Camile Dosch, 37, of Farmington, was killed early Sunday when her car went 200 to 300 feet down an embankment off I-80 near Mt. Aire Canyon Road in Parleys Canyon.
• Rocio Macies, 26, of Azusa, Calif., was killed in a head-on collision just before 6 a.m. Sunday on state Route 138 near Erda Way in Tooele County.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Woman stole van, but returned after finding...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 63
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 29
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18