Today in the Bloggernacle: Mid-air Mormon Tabernacle Choir serenades passengers and new Mormon Messages
Comforting blessings: “Tests and trials are given to all of us. These mortal challenges allow us and our Heavenly Father to see whether we will exercise our agency to follow his Son.” So explains Elder Robert D. Hales in this beautiful new Mormon Messages video that follows Brittany, a young woman with a paralyzing stomach condition that has taught her to reach out to bless others. And as Elder Hales explains “Let us not give up on the Lord” because, as the title comforts: “God Will Lift Us Up.”
Mid-flight song: I don’t know how I missed this, but I love this YouTube video from a few weeks back of Alex Boyé leading the “Mormon Tabernacle in Flight.” That’s right, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is singing in midair. It’s just pure awesome. Click to view (and try to not clap along!)
Matched trilogy: Young adult writer Ally Condie blogs about some news broken by Entertainment Weekly this weekend. Hint: It has to do with the name and cover of her third book in her popular "Matched" trilogy. Go and take a peek!
March VT: Bloggers make it so easy to have something sweet to accompany your visiting teaching message. Here are two darling free visiting teaching March 2012 printables that you just click, download, print and give. The first is a colorful rendition from Mormon Mommy Blogs. The second is a quote from Sister Julie B. Beck from LDS Handouts. Enjoy!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Watch a video tribute to Sister Frances B....
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle: Balancing...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad to...
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 62
- Wright Words: An open letter from a dad... 46
- New Harmony: The mainstreaming of... 45
- Elder Oaks promotes strengthening the... 25
- Utahn, castaway Dawn Meehan reflects on... 15
- Hundreds watch as Angel Moroni statue... 15
- Ten Commandments come down in Oklahoma... 13