WCC Tournament: BYU tied with San Diego at halftime, 34-34
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LAS VEGAS — BYU finds itself in a battle against University of San Diego in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference Tournament at the Orleans Arena.
The Cougars and Toreros are tied, 34-34, at halftime.
Brock Zylstra started for BYU in place of an injured Noah Hartsock, and the move paid immediate dividends, as he scored the Cougars' first seven points. He has 10 at the break.
BYU, which took an early 11-4 lead, has never trailed. A 6-0 run by the Toreros tied the game at 24-24, but the Cougars responded with a 7-0 run of their own. San Diego tied the game again, 34-34, with one minute left.
Hartsock entered the game at the 15:02 mark to rousing cheers of BYU fans. He has four points at intermission.
Matt Carlino, Brandon Davies and Charles Abouo have two fouls apiece.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 66
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21