WCC Tournament: BYU tied with San Diego at halftime, 34-34
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LAS VEGAS — BYU finds itself in a battle against University of San Diego in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference Tournament at the Orleans Arena.
The Cougars and Toreros are tied, 34-34, at halftime.
Brock Zylstra started for BYU in place of an injured Noah Hartsock, and the move paid immediate dividends, as he scored the Cougars' first seven points. He has 10 at the break.
BYU, which took an early 11-4 lead, has never trailed. A 6-0 run by the Toreros tied the game at 24-24, but the Cougars responded with a 7-0 run of their own. San Diego tied the game again, 34-34, with one minute left.
Hartsock entered the game at the 15:02 mark to rousing cheers of BYU fans. He has four points at intermission.
Matt Carlino, Brandon Davies and Charles Abouo have two fouls apiece.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 93
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26