WCC Tournament: BYU tied with San Diego at halftime, 34-34
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LAS VEGAS — BYU finds itself in a battle against University of San Diego in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference Tournament at the Orleans Arena.
The Cougars and Toreros are tied, 34-34, at halftime.
Brock Zylstra started for BYU in place of an injured Noah Hartsock, and the move paid immediate dividends, as he scored the Cougars' first seven points. He has 10 at the break.
BYU, which took an early 11-4 lead, has never trailed. A 6-0 run by the Toreros tied the game at 24-24, but the Cougars responded with a 7-0 run of their own. San Diego tied the game again, 34-34, with one minute left.
Hartsock entered the game at the 15:02 mark to rousing cheers of BYU fans. He has four points at intermission.
Matt Carlino, Brandon Davies and Charles Abouo have two fouls apiece.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 64
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14