WCC Tournament: BYU tied with San Diego at halftime, 34-34
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LAS VEGAS — BYU finds itself in a battle against University of San Diego in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference Tournament at the Orleans Arena.
The Cougars and Toreros are tied, 34-34, at halftime.
Brock Zylstra started for BYU in place of an injured Noah Hartsock, and the move paid immediate dividends, as he scored the Cougars' first seven points. He has 10 at the break.
BYU, which took an early 11-4 lead, has never trailed. A 6-0 run by the Toreros tied the game at 24-24, but the Cougars responded with a 7-0 run of their own. San Diego tied the game again, 34-34, with one minute left.
Hartsock entered the game at the 15:02 mark to rousing cheers of BYU fans. He has four points at intermission.
Matt Carlino, Brandon Davies and Charles Abouo have two fouls apiece.
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's unexpected NCAA qualifier...
- Guest commentary: Should the Jazz trade their...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- His legacy at BYU secure, Tyler Haws...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- How to get a ballpark-like lawn (+video)
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 120
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 66
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 32
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 24
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8