WCC Tournament: BYU tied with San Diego at halftime, 34-34
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LAS VEGAS — BYU finds itself in a battle against University of San Diego in the quarterfinals of the West Coast Conference Tournament at the Orleans Arena.
The Cougars and Toreros are tied, 34-34, at halftime.
Brock Zylstra started for BYU in place of an injured Noah Hartsock, and the move paid immediate dividends, as he scored the Cougars' first seven points. He has 10 at the break.
BYU, which took an early 11-4 lead, has never trailed. A 6-0 run by the Toreros tied the game at 24-24, but the Cougars responded with a 7-0 run of their own. San Diego tied the game again, 34-34, with one minute left.
Hartsock entered the game at the 15:02 mark to rousing cheers of BYU fans. He has four points at intermission.
Matt Carlino, Brandon Davies and Charles Abouo have two fouls apiece.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37