Utah Jazz edge Miami Heat, LeBron James in final seconds to win 99-98
Harris made the place go bonkers after he lofted in a 12-foot bucket despite not being able to see the hoop because of Wade.
"I just tried to make a play the best that I could," Harris said. "I gave (James) a pump fake and was able to get to the lane and hit a tough shot."
Corbin liked the Jazz's chances in that final offensive possession, whether Jefferson took the shot or whether he found someone else open after the Jazz spread the floor.
"If he could get a one-on-one situation there was a good chance for us to make the basket," Corbin said. "(Jefferson) did a great job of kicking it to Devin and Devin did a really good job of seeing the gap, attacking the seam and made a great floater."
The Jazz then made their coach extra proud by making it tough on the Heat on the other end to seal the win — first by Josh Howard blanketing James with Paul Millsap's help, and then with Harris making Haslem shoot an off-rhythm jumper.
"We knew when we got up 18 it wasn't over. It was far from over," Jefferson said. "We knew they've got two superstars on their team that know how to win. They've been winning their whole career. We just had to stay together."
Jefferson called it the Jazz's "top win" up to this point.
"It was a big win. It's not only that we beat the Miami Heat. It was more that we stuck together and we didn't give up," Jefferson said. "We won a tough game. There's been a lot of games where it went the opposite way—we lost. To see one go in our favor, it really mean a lot, especially to go on the road with."
Corbin couldn't stop smiling after the victory in which the Jazz outrebounded the Heat 50-32 and outplayed the NBA favorites when it mattered most.
"They made big shots. But our guys, I can't say how proud I am of these guys of just staying in there and not getting their head down," Corbin said. "They continued to fight and fight, and as a result they made a big play at the end. And Devin made a big shot for us. Great team win for us."
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19