SALT LAKE CITY — On a vote of 6-23, the Utah Senate killed a bill Friday that says the Utah Legislature should study whether to introduce legislation to classify counties as urban or rural.
Senate Assistant Majority Whip Peter Knudson, R-Brigham City, said the point of the study is to bring consistency to the state code.
HB220, sponsored by Rep. Ronda Menlove, R-Garland, contemplates an issue worthy of study, said Sen. Margaret Dayton, R-Orem.
"I don't think it's worthy of putting into code that we're having a study," she said.
- Precedents — and exceptions...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make run for...
- The truth about addiction
- 'Teacherpreneur,' a new role in the world of...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 68
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 25
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Roosevelt girl, 8, recovering from pit... 15
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 14