SALT LAKE CITY — Grab some friends and a camera, and create an off-highway vehicle safety video for the Ride On! video contest.
The second annual Ride On! video challenge is open to students of all ages. Videos should focus on promoting safe and responsible off-highway vehicle (OHV) use and stewardship of state school trust lands.
The Utah OHV Advisory Council select winners in the elementary; junior middle school, high school and post-secondary school categories. Cash prizes are awarded for first place in each category. First place students can earn $500 for themselves, plus an additional $500 for their teacher and $500 for their school. Second and third place earn gift cards.
Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands (SITLA) and Utah State Parks and Recreation co-sponsor the challenge, in collaboration with the Larry H. Miller Group.
Videos are due by May 14. For more information on the contest go to stateparks.Utah.gov.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26