SALT LAKE CITY — A big winter storm Thursday night made for a messy commute for many motorists Friday morning.
The Utah Highway Patrol said between midnight and 7 a.m. Friday, there were 30 crashes and seven slideoffs in Salt Lake County, 11 crashes and five slideoffs in Utah County and 25 crashes in Davis County.
Four of those accidents involved injuries. The conditions of those people were not immediately known Friday morning.
Both Big Cottonwood Canyon and Little Cottonwood Canyon were closed Friday morning for avalanche control. They were expected to open about 9 a.m. Restrictions were also placed on Parleys and Sardine canyons Friday morning.
The Utah Avalanche Center warned that the danger level for most of northern Utah was between "high" to "considerable" in the backcountry.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Fight Like Girls group helps women battle...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 37
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 17