SALT LAKE CITY — A big winter storm Thursday night made for a messy commute for many motorists Friday morning.
The Utah Highway Patrol said between midnight and 7 a.m. Friday, there were 30 crashes and seven slideoffs in Salt Lake County, 11 crashes and five slideoffs in Utah County and 25 crashes in Davis County.
Four of those accidents involved injuries. The conditions of those people were not immediately known Friday morning.
Both Big Cottonwood Canyon and Little Cottonwood Canyon were closed Friday morning for avalanche control. They were expected to open about 9 a.m. Restrictions were also placed on Parleys and Sardine canyons Friday morning.
The Utah Avalanche Center warned that the danger level for most of northern Utah was between "high" to "considerable" in the backcountry.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15