A new ad campaign in Seattle may look familiar to those who've seen advertisements from the "I'm a Mormon" campaign, which first came to Seattle in October 2011.
"I'm a Palestinian," the ad reads. "Equal rights for all."
KING 5 News reported that the Seattle Mideast Awareness Campaign decided to follow the model of the LDS Church's "I'm a Mormon" ad campaign after Metro Transit dropped SeaMAC's previous ad campaign, citing the possibility of the ads, which read "Israeli War Crimes: Your Tax Dollars at Work," potentially causing "security problems."
"Metro says the new Palestinian campaign follows their advertising policy citing similarities to the Mormon ads," King 5 News reported. "So far, Metro has received no complaints about this one."
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Mormon teen, future U. gymnast earns silvers...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 68
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- ValueSpeak: To mow, or not to mow? 9
- Amish country bristles at... 8