SALT LAKE CITY — A Midvale man was charged Tuesday with stalking a former girlfriend by sending her a series of insulting email and Facebook messages.
David Lindsey, 43, was charged with stalking, a class A misdemeanor, and one count of electronic communication harassment, a class B misdemeanor, in 3rd District Court.
A Salt Lake woman, who told police she dated Lindsey for a year and a half, said that in November she began receiving harassing posts on her Facebook page from Lindsey. In these posts, Lindsey called the woman obscene names and accused her of being a thief, cheater and a liar, the charges state.
She also told police that she received an email addressed to 800 people in which she and her parents were denigrated and pages were created on Facebook dedicated to hating her.
A faculty member of a nursing program, where the victim works, also received emails from "Nurse Betty," who claimed to be a staff member and alleged that the woman was improperly receiving prescription narcotics and creating a hostile work environment. The faculty member investigated the claims and told police the accusations were unfounded.
After the woman became aware of the Nurse Betty emails, she suspected Lindsey and contacted police. When Lindsey was contacted by authorities, he said he sent the Nurse Betty emails and discussed the Facebook postings and emails he had sent to the woman, repeating the accusations against her, according to the charges.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 10