It’s so easy now to “reach out and touch someone.” Whether you blog or use Facebook or Twitter to share your mormon.org profile or "Mormon Messages," there are very up-to-date ways to express your personal beliefs.
I smile when I remember our family’s first attempt at sharing about 25 years ago, long before social networking sites were even invented. We took a family picture when our two oldest children were very young, then glued it inside the front flap of a blue copy of the Book of Mormon, along with a short declaration of our faith. We gave several to the missionaries to hand out (they always welcome extra copies), never knowing where they’d end up. Well, you just never know.
This Sunday, on the March 4 installment of Mormon Times TV, you’ll meet a young woman from Taiwan who was touched when she received such a copy of the Book of Mormon — as well as the Utah church member who sent it. It’s quite a story of faith and changed lives, all because of one simple act.
We’ll also continue our globe-trotting and meet a faithful, long-time church member in Ireland. You’ll see what challenges and blessings await those who are baptized and live in the spectacular Emerald Isle. Plus we’ll share a great conversion story from a recently returned missionary in Samoa.
And a miraculous story about a Utah woman hit by a FrontRunner train who lived to tell about it after weeks in a coma. You’ll see how her ward came together to help her and how she’s working through her struggles with hope.
The "Mormon Times" television show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV. We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle King is the host of Mormon Times TV that airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL.
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- ValueSpeak: A tip of the hat to innocence
- LDS temple rises in Philadelphia
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks
- LDS Church releases video about... 45
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 28
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6
- What one man's beard says about... 5
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5