It’s so easy now to “reach out and touch someone.” Whether you blog or use Facebook or Twitter to share your mormon.org profile or "Mormon Messages," there are very up-to-date ways to express your personal beliefs.
I smile when I remember our family’s first attempt at sharing about 25 years ago, long before social networking sites were even invented. We took a family picture when our two oldest children were very young, then glued it inside the front flap of a blue copy of the Book of Mormon, along with a short declaration of our faith. We gave several to the missionaries to hand out (they always welcome extra copies), never knowing where they’d end up. Well, you just never know.
This Sunday, on the March 4 installment of Mormon Times TV, you’ll meet a young woman from Taiwan who was touched when she received such a copy of the Book of Mormon — as well as the Utah church member who sent it. It’s quite a story of faith and changed lives, all because of one simple act.
We’ll also continue our globe-trotting and meet a faithful, long-time church member in Ireland. You’ll see what challenges and blessings await those who are baptized and live in the spectacular Emerald Isle. Plus we’ll share a great conversion story from a recently returned missionary in Samoa.
And a miraculous story about a Utah woman hit by a FrontRunner train who lived to tell about it after weeks in a coma. You’ll see how her ward came together to help her and how she’s working through her struggles with hope.
The "Mormon Times" television show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV. We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle King is the host of Mormon Times TV that airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 7
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 6
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 4
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3