It’s so easy now to “reach out and touch someone.” Whether you blog or use Facebook or Twitter to share your mormon.org profile or "Mormon Messages," there are very up-to-date ways to express your personal beliefs.
I smile when I remember our family’s first attempt at sharing about 25 years ago, long before social networking sites were even invented. We took a family picture when our two oldest children were very young, then glued it inside the front flap of a blue copy of the Book of Mormon, along with a short declaration of our faith. We gave several to the missionaries to hand out (they always welcome extra copies), never knowing where they’d end up. Well, you just never know.
This Sunday, on the March 4 installment of Mormon Times TV, you’ll meet a young woman from Taiwan who was touched when she received such a copy of the Book of Mormon — as well as the Utah church member who sent it. It’s quite a story of faith and changed lives, all because of one simple act.
We’ll also continue our globe-trotting and meet a faithful, long-time church member in Ireland. You’ll see what challenges and blessings await those who are baptized and live in the spectacular Emerald Isle. Plus we’ll share a great conversion story from a recently returned missionary in Samoa.
And a miraculous story about a Utah woman hit by a FrontRunner train who lived to tell about it after weeks in a coma. You’ll see how her ward came together to help her and how she’s working through her struggles with hope.
The "Mormon Times" television show airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV. We’re always looking for inspiring, uplifting stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michelle King is the host of Mormon Times TV that airs Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- General Women's Session focuses on... 10
- State bills to protect religious... 9