Popular speakers, service projects highlight 2012 'Time to Blossom' young women's conference
GILBERT, Ariz. — Former Young Women General President Ardeth Kapp, singer Alex Boye and Olympic medalist Lacey Nymeyer-John will be among the popular speakers, musicians and athletes who will address young women as part of the third annual "Time to Blossom" conference in Arizona May 29 to June 1 at the Legado Hotel and Conference Center in Gilbert. Registration ends April 30.
The past two summers, more than 600 young women participated in sessions designed to help them understand their worth as daughters of God and their divine potential, say conference cofounders Debbie Forrest and Carla Jorgensen, both of Mesa, Ariz.
Forrest explained, “Each young woman is beautiful and has distinct gifts and talents. We want young women to realize and love their uniqueness.”
Jorgensen added, “Our goal is to bring the girls to Christ and to help them live by the Spirit.”
This is accomplished through inactive workshops, service projects and activities. The week-long conference features fashion shows, concerts and comedy nights and fosters social skills, etiquette, poise, goal setting and leadership skills.
For information, including participant feedback, a complete list of speakers, cost and registration details, visit timetoblossom.com.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Hamblin & Peterson: Bible wars among... 42
- See why this woman's decision not to... 41
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks... 32
- Defending the Faith: A tribute to... 19
- LDS statement could move Utah... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12