Popular speakers, service projects highlight 2012 'Time to Blossom' young women's conference
GILBERT, Ariz. — Former Young Women General President Ardeth Kapp, singer Alex Boye and Olympic medalist Lacey Nymeyer-John will be among the popular speakers, musicians and athletes who will address young women as part of the third annual "Time to Blossom" conference in Arizona May 29 to June 1 at the Legado Hotel and Conference Center in Gilbert. Registration ends April 30.
The past two summers, more than 600 young women participated in sessions designed to help them understand their worth as daughters of God and their divine potential, say conference cofounders Debbie Forrest and Carla Jorgensen, both of Mesa, Ariz.
Forrest explained, “Each young woman is beautiful and has distinct gifts and talents. We want young women to realize and love their uniqueness.”
Jorgensen added, “Our goal is to bring the girls to Christ and to help them live by the Spirit.”
This is accomplished through inactive workshops, service projects and activities. The week-long conference features fashion shows, concerts and comedy nights and fosters social skills, etiquette, poise, goal setting and leadership skills.
For information, including participant feedback, a complete list of speakers, cost and registration details, visit timetoblossom.com.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 161
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 15
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8
- State bills to protect religious... 7