Popular speakers, service projects highlight 2012 'Time to Blossom' young women's conference
GILBERT, Ariz. — Former Young Women General President Ardeth Kapp, singer Alex Boye and Olympic medalist Lacey Nymeyer-John will be among the popular speakers, musicians and athletes who will address young women as part of the third annual "Time to Blossom" conference in Arizona May 29 to June 1 at the Legado Hotel and Conference Center in Gilbert. Registration ends April 30.
The past two summers, more than 600 young women participated in sessions designed to help them understand their worth as daughters of God and their divine potential, say conference cofounders Debbie Forrest and Carla Jorgensen, both of Mesa, Ariz.
Forrest explained, “Each young woman is beautiful and has distinct gifts and talents. We want young women to realize and love their uniqueness.”
Jorgensen added, “Our goal is to bring the girls to Christ and to help them live by the Spirit.”
This is accomplished through inactive workshops, service projects and activities. The week-long conference features fashion shows, concerts and comedy nights and fosters social skills, etiquette, poise, goal setting and leadership skills.
For information, including participant feedback, a complete list of speakers, cost and registration details, visit timetoblossom.com.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- LDS leader describes writing Elder Neal A....
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Elizabeth Smart encourages BYU audience to...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Temple tax: European court rules LDS... 97
- Ask Angela: LDS women have unrealistic... 53
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- When Satan steals your motherhood 36
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to... 35
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to... 30
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23