Tabiona Tigers (11-9)
Coach: Shay Price
How qualified: Finished tied for third in Region 21 with Manila, but swept Manila to claim the No. 3 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Tintic, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 69-61 win against Green River on Nov. 22.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Manila on Feb. 24.
Demont Nay, So., Guard (14.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.6 spg)
Cameron Van Tassell, Sr., Center (9.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.7 spg)
Monte Clyde, Jr., Guard (7.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.3 apg, 0.4 spg)
Myles Potter, Sr., Guard (6.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Jarret Lefler, So., Guard (3.7 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.6 spg)
Scoring offense: 48.9 ppg (19th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 49.4 ppg (12th in 1A)
Last state championship: 1999
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Layton Christian in quarterfinals.
Tintic Miners (15-4)
Coach: Luke Thomas
How qualified: Finished first in Region 18 with an 8-0 record.
Playoff opener: vs. Tabiona, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 57-27 win against Milford at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 65-63 (OT) win at Liahona on Jan. 20.
McKade Holman, Jr., Forward (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.2 apg, 0.8 spg)
Travis Green, Jr., Forward (10.1 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.7 apg, 2.0 spg)
Shelton Denison, Sr., Guard (10.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.4 apg, 2.6 spg)
Taylor Hurst, Jr., Guard (8.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 2.1 spg)
Collin Fitzgerald, Sr., Guard (7.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.8 spg)
Scoring offense: 59.7 ppg (6th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 42.5 ppg (2nd in 1A)
Last state championship: None
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Tabiona in first round.
Valley Buffaloes (10-12)
Coach: Dustin Shakespear
How qualified: Finished tied for fourth in Region 20 with Wayne with a 7-7 record, but finished fifth in the Region 20 tournament and heads into playoffs as No. 5 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Wendover, Tuesday, 6 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 29-28 win against Tabiona at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Wayne on Dec. 15.
Colby Spencer, Jr. (11.6 ppg)
Morgan Hoyt, Sr. (9.4 ppg)
Colton Spencer, Sr. (6.7 ppg)
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive line...
- Cougars say they have learned lessons in wake...
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor Harding...
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be Utah's...
- Whittingham dishes on stadium expansion,...
- Utah Utes football: Ranking the best players...
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 65
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 46
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 31
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 30
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 29