Tabiona Tigers (11-9)
Coach: Shay Price
How qualified: Finished tied for third in Region 21 with Manila, but swept Manila to claim the No. 3 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Tintic, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 69-61 win against Green River on Nov. 22.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Manila on Feb. 24.
Demont Nay, So., Guard (14.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.6 spg)
Cameron Van Tassell, Sr., Center (9.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.7 spg)
Monte Clyde, Jr., Guard (7.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.3 apg, 0.4 spg)
Myles Potter, Sr., Guard (6.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Jarret Lefler, So., Guard (3.7 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.6 spg)
Scoring offense: 48.9 ppg (19th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 49.4 ppg (12th in 1A)
Last state championship: 1999
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Layton Christian in quarterfinals.
Tintic Miners (15-4)
Coach: Luke Thomas
How qualified: Finished first in Region 18 with an 8-0 record.
Playoff opener: vs. Tabiona, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 57-27 win against Milford at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 65-63 (OT) win at Liahona on Jan. 20.
McKade Holman, Jr., Forward (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.2 apg, 0.8 spg)
Travis Green, Jr., Forward (10.1 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.7 apg, 2.0 spg)
Shelton Denison, Sr., Guard (10.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.4 apg, 2.6 spg)
Taylor Hurst, Jr., Guard (8.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 2.1 spg)
Collin Fitzgerald, Sr., Guard (7.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.8 spg)
Scoring offense: 59.7 ppg (6th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 42.5 ppg (2nd in 1A)
Last state championship: None
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Tabiona in first round.
Valley Buffaloes (10-12)
Coach: Dustin Shakespear
How qualified: Finished tied for fourth in Region 20 with Wayne with a 7-7 record, but finished fifth in the Region 20 tournament and heads into playoffs as No. 5 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Wendover, Tuesday, 6 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 29-28 win against Tabiona at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Wayne on Dec. 15.
Colby Spencer, Jr. (11.6 ppg)
Morgan Hoyt, Sr. (9.4 ppg)
Colton Spencer, Sr. (6.7 ppg)
- Scott Mitchell: Former U., NFL quarterback...
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big year...
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director of...
- Morning links: Trevor Booker calls Quin...
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone Peak...
- Local flavor in the NBA: Breaking down...
- 2015 Utah high school football schedules...
- National experts weigh in on the Utah Utes'...
- BYU football: Cougars face even more... 138
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 80
- Utes' center Jakob Poeltl says he'll... 66
- Ultimate football road trips:... 47
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- Morning links: BYU close to a new... 34
- Morning links: ESPN calls Utah a dark... 33
- BYU edges Utah, 7-6, with eighth-inning... 32