Tabiona Tigers (11-9)
Coach: Shay Price
How qualified: Finished tied for third in Region 21 with Manila, but swept Manila to claim the No. 3 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Tintic, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 69-61 win against Green River on Nov. 22.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Manila on Feb. 24.
Demont Nay, So., Guard (14.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.6 spg)
Cameron Van Tassell, Sr., Center (9.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.7 spg)
Monte Clyde, Jr., Guard (7.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.3 apg, 0.4 spg)
Myles Potter, Sr., Guard (6.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Jarret Lefler, So., Guard (3.7 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.6 spg)
Scoring offense: 48.9 ppg (19th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 49.4 ppg (12th in 1A)
Last state championship: 1999
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Layton Christian in quarterfinals.
Tintic Miners (15-4)
Coach: Luke Thomas
How qualified: Finished first in Region 18 with an 8-0 record.
Playoff opener: vs. Tabiona, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 57-27 win against Milford at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 65-63 (OT) win at Liahona on Jan. 20.
McKade Holman, Jr., Forward (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.2 apg, 0.8 spg)
Travis Green, Jr., Forward (10.1 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.7 apg, 2.0 spg)
Shelton Denison, Sr., Guard (10.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.4 apg, 2.6 spg)
Taylor Hurst, Jr., Guard (8.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 2.1 spg)
Collin Fitzgerald, Sr., Guard (7.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.8 spg)
Scoring offense: 59.7 ppg (6th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 42.5 ppg (2nd in 1A)
Last state championship: None
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Tabiona in first round.
Valley Buffaloes (10-12)
Coach: Dustin Shakespear
How qualified: Finished tied for fourth in Region 20 with Wayne with a 7-7 record, but finished fifth in the Region 20 tournament and heads into playoffs as No. 5 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Wendover, Tuesday, 6 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 29-28 win against Tabiona at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Wayne on Dec. 15.
Colby Spencer, Jr. (11.6 ppg)
Morgan Hoyt, Sr. (9.4 ppg)
Colton Spencer, Sr. (6.7 ppg)
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- The Cougars and their coach's ’stache...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 61
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28