Tabiona Tigers (11-9)
Coach: Shay Price
How qualified: Finished tied for third in Region 21 with Manila, but swept Manila to claim the No. 3 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Tintic, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 69-61 win against Green River on Nov. 22.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Manila on Feb. 24.
Demont Nay, So., Guard (14.5 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.6 spg)
Cameron Van Tassell, Sr., Center (9.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.7 spg)
Monte Clyde, Jr., Guard (7.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.3 apg, 0.4 spg)
Myles Potter, Sr., Guard (6.4 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Jarret Lefler, So., Guard (3.7 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.6 spg)
Scoring offense: 48.9 ppg (19th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 49.4 ppg (12th in 1A)
Last state championship: 1999
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Layton Christian in quarterfinals.
Tintic Miners (15-4)
Coach: Luke Thomas
How qualified: Finished first in Region 18 with an 8-0 record.
Playoff opener: vs. Tabiona, Wednesday, 2:30 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 57-27 win against Milford at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 65-63 (OT) win at Liahona on Jan. 20.
McKade Holman, Jr., Forward (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.2 apg, 0.8 spg)
Travis Green, Jr., Forward (10.1 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 3.7 apg, 2.0 spg)
Shelton Denison, Sr., Guard (10.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.4 apg, 2.6 spg)
Taylor Hurst, Jr., Guard (8.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.8 apg, 2.1 spg)
Collin Fitzgerald, Sr., Guard (7.7 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.8 spg)
Scoring offense: 59.7 ppg (6th in 1A)
Scoring defense: 42.5 ppg (2nd in 1A)
Last state championship: None
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Tabiona in first round.
Valley Buffaloes (10-12)
Coach: Dustin Shakespear
How qualified: Finished tied for fourth in Region 20 with Wayne with a 7-7 record, but finished fifth in the Region 20 tournament and heads into playoffs as No. 5 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Wendover, Tuesday, 6 p.m. (At Sevier Valley Center)
Best preseason victory: A 29-28 win against Tabiona at the Sevier Valley Center on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 37-35 win at Wayne on Dec. 15.
Colby Spencer, Jr. (11.6 ppg)
Morgan Hoyt, Sr. (9.4 ppg)
Colton Spencer, Sr. (6.7 ppg)
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 54
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 44
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35