Woman, 43, charged with murder in boyfriend's death
BOUNTIFUL — A 43-year-old Bountiful woman was charged Friday in the slaying of her boyfriend.
Shannon Sander was charged in 2nd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the stabbing of Michael Dunn, 52. Police said the couple was arguing throughout the day on Feb. 21.
Around 11 p.m. at Dunn's apartment, 2520 S. 500 West, Sander allegedly took a kitchen knife and stabbed Dunn in the chest. Police said Sander then went to a neighbor's home and told him enough to prompt him to call 911.
Dunn was found unresponsive and attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful, according to the charges. Police were able to locate Sander in the area of 500 West.
"Defendant was located and interviewed," the charges state. "Under Miranda, defendant admitted knowingly and intentionally stabbing the victim."
Police said the couple had apparently been drinking alcohol before the argument. Officials had been called to the apartment to deal with Dunn and Sander both individually and collectively in the past, mainly on nuisance-type complaints.
Sander is being held on $200,000 bail in the Davis County Jail.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 8