Woman, 43, charged with murder in boyfriend's death
BOUNTIFUL — A 43-year-old Bountiful woman was charged Friday in the slaying of her boyfriend.
Shannon Sander was charged in 2nd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the stabbing of Michael Dunn, 52. Police said the couple was arguing throughout the day on Feb. 21.
Around 11 p.m. at Dunn's apartment, 2520 S. 500 West, Sander allegedly took a kitchen knife and stabbed Dunn in the chest. Police said Sander then went to a neighbor's home and told him enough to prompt him to call 911.
Dunn was found unresponsive and attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful, according to the charges. Police were able to locate Sander in the area of 500 West.
"Defendant was located and interviewed," the charges state. "Under Miranda, defendant admitted knowingly and intentionally stabbing the victim."
Police said the couple had apparently been drinking alcohol before the argument. Officials had been called to the apartment to deal with Dunn and Sander both individually and collectively in the past, mainly on nuisance-type complaints.
Sander is being held on $200,000 bail in the Davis County Jail.
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Utah County teen made 'swatting' threats...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 28
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22