Woman, 43, charged with murder in boyfriend's death
BOUNTIFUL — A 43-year-old Bountiful woman was charged Friday in the slaying of her boyfriend.
Shannon Sander was charged in 2nd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the stabbing of Michael Dunn, 52. Police said the couple was arguing throughout the day on Feb. 21.
Around 11 p.m. at Dunn's apartment, 2520 S. 500 West, Sander allegedly took a kitchen knife and stabbed Dunn in the chest. Police said Sander then went to a neighbor's home and told him enough to prompt him to call 911.
Dunn was found unresponsive and attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful, according to the charges. Police were able to locate Sander in the area of 500 West.
"Defendant was located and interviewed," the charges state. "Under Miranda, defendant admitted knowingly and intentionally stabbing the victim."
Police said the couple had apparently been drinking alcohol before the argument. Officials had been called to the apartment to deal with Dunn and Sander both individually and collectively in the past, mainly on nuisance-type complaints.
Sander is being held on $200,000 bail in the Davis County Jail.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23