BOUNTIFUL — A 43-year-old Bountiful woman was charged Friday in the slaying of her boyfriend.
Shannon Sander was charged in 2nd District Court with murder, a first-degree felony, in connection with the stabbing of Michael Dunn, 52. Police said the couple was arguing throughout the day on Feb. 21.
Around 11 p.m. at Dunn's apartment, 2520 S. 500 West, Sander allegedly took a kitchen knife and stabbed Dunn in the chest. Police said Sander then went to a neighbor's home and told him enough to prompt him to call 911.
Dunn was found unresponsive and attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful, according to the charges. Police were able to locate Sander in the area of 500 West.
"Defendant was located and interviewed," the charges state. "Under Miranda, defendant admitted knowingly and intentionally stabbing the victim."
Police said the couple had apparently been drinking alcohol before the argument. Officials had been called to the apartment to deal with Dunn and Sander both individually and collectively in the past, mainly on nuisance-type complaints.
Sander is being held on $200,000 bail in the Davis County Jail.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Mia Love announces she's officially running...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water...
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Utah soldier presumed dead in Afghanistan
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 63
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 45
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16
- Mormon missionary age announcement... 14
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 13