"NO ANGEL," by Theresa Sneed, Walnut Springs Press, $17.99, 281 pages (f)
“No Angel” is an entertaining book of angelic proportions. It is a must-read for those who are looking for a book with a unique storyline.
Jonathan Stewart is content with his average job in heaven. He is a grumpy man who would rather stay to himself. He hated his time on earth and hates to be around people. So when he is chosen to be a guardian angel to a woman named Celeste, he couldn’t be more surprised. Who would want him to watch over them on earth? At least Celeste has an early marked death, so Jonathan won’t have to stay on earth for long. Or so he thinks.
Little does Jonathan know that Celeste can choose the time she leaves earth, so he is stuck being her guardian angel for who knows how long. Jonathan watches Celeste defy death on a regular basis. As time goes by, he slowly grows to love the little girl he was chosen to watch over.
Though displeased, Jonathan fulfills his guardian angel duties. He warns Celeste of impending danger and does his best to make the best of his situation. He learns that Celeste has a special mission and he is to help her fulfill it.
“No Angel” is embedded with Mormon theology and had also been nominated for a Whitney Award through LDStorymakers. Author Theresa Sneed creates a world where good and evil battle it out. It is a wonderful attempt to teach readers that there is always someone looking out for you.
Though filled with positive messages, the book is confusing at parts. The author packs so many details and names into the story, the reader gets lost easily. Sneed should have kept her story more simplistic.
Though a complicated story, “No Angel” is still delightful and inspiring tale for all ages.
Shelby Scoffield is a graduate of Brigham Young University and a graduate student at California State University, Stanislaus.
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Ballet to Broadway: Two Utah-native siblings...
- Sherry Young: The world is indeed a glorious...
- Erin Stewart: How to survive your...
- Paintbrushes, fairy tales and chore charts:...
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for your kids
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt list,...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- Vikings place Adrian Peterson on exempt... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- The complicated relationship between... 3
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Miss America: More to worry about than... 1