"NO ANGEL," by Theresa Sneed, Walnut Springs Press, $17.99, 281 pages (f)
“No Angel” is an entertaining book of angelic proportions. It is a must-read for those who are looking for a book with a unique storyline.
Jonathan Stewart is content with his average job in heaven. He is a grumpy man who would rather stay to himself. He hated his time on earth and hates to be around people. So when he is chosen to be a guardian angel to a woman named Celeste, he couldn’t be more surprised. Who would want him to watch over them on earth? At least Celeste has an early marked death, so Jonathan won’t have to stay on earth for long. Or so he thinks.
Little does Jonathan know that Celeste can choose the time she leaves earth, so he is stuck being her guardian angel for who knows how long. Jonathan watches Celeste defy death on a regular basis. As time goes by, he slowly grows to love the little girl he was chosen to watch over.
Though displeased, Jonathan fulfills his guardian angel duties. He warns Celeste of impending danger and does his best to make the best of his situation. He learns that Celeste has a special mission and he is to help her fulfill it.
“No Angel” is embedded with Mormon theology and had also been nominated for a Whitney Award through LDStorymakers. Author Theresa Sneed creates a world where good and evil battle it out. It is a wonderful attempt to teach readers that there is always someone looking out for you.
Though filled with positive messages, the book is confusing at parts. The author packs so many details and names into the story, the reader gets lost easily. Sneed should have kept her story more simplistic.
Though a complicated story, “No Angel” is still delightful and inspiring tale for all ages.
Shelby Scoffield is a graduate of Brigham Young University and a graduate student at California State University, Stanislaus.
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new respect...
- The 37 most charitable celebrities
- New 'Annie' feels more functional than...
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in...
- 50 things you might not know about the 'Lord...
- Timeline of the Sony Pictures Entertainment hack
- Game review: Battle of Five Armies brings...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey... 4
- 'Dragon Age' tops AP critics' best... 2
- Sony hackers reference 9/11 in new... 1
- Sony cyberattack may be costliest ever 1