Courtesy of The United States Air Force Academy Band
The Rampart Winds is an ensemble with a purpose.
As an arm of the United States Air Force Academy Band, the group performs with the goal of increasing community relations, providing educational outreach and recruiting for the Air Force.
The band will bring its message and repertoire of original, contemporary and patriotic compositions to Utah with multiple free performances on March 2-5.
Rampart Winds is a five-piece wind ensemble comprised of a bassoon, flute, clarinet, oboe and horn. The five members have received advanced music training and provide workshops for high school and college students in addition to its many performances throughout the world.
Although the Utah shows are free, ticket reservations are encouraged and can be obtained by contacting the individual venues. Visit www.usafacademyband.af.mil for additional information about the Rampart Winds and the United States Air Force Academy Band.
If you go
- March 2, 7:30 p.m., Temple Square Assembly Hall, must be 8 years old or older (801-240-3323 or lds.org/events)
- March 4, 7 p.m., Peery's Egyptian Theater, 2415 Washington Blvd., Ogden (801-689-8700)
- March 5, 7 p.m., with the Utah Youth Symphony, Libby Gardner Concert Hall, University of Utah (email email@example.com to request tickets)
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their...
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether Colbert...
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be...
- What's troubling athletes arriving in Rio? No...
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of heritage...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Simple cheese and chive baguettes dress up...
- Tech-heavy 'Nerve's' style wrestles its...
- After disputes, Dem stars turn their... 14
- Corporate lawyers argue over whether... 1
- 'Pokemon Go' creators working to be... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1
- Websites allow viewers, parents to... 1
- New Southern Utah Museum of Art at SUU... 1
- What's troubling athletes arriving in... 0
- Photos: A Pioneer Day celebration of... 0