Courtesy of The United States Air Force Academy Band
The Rampart Winds is an ensemble with a purpose.
As an arm of the United States Air Force Academy Band, the group performs with the goal of increasing community relations, providing educational outreach and recruiting for the Air Force.
The band will bring its message and repertoire of original, contemporary and patriotic compositions to Utah with multiple free performances on March 2-5.
Rampart Winds is a five-piece wind ensemble comprised of a bassoon, flute, clarinet, oboe and horn. The five members have received advanced music training and provide workshops for high school and college students in addition to its many performances throughout the world.
Although the Utah shows are free, ticket reservations are encouraged and can be obtained by contacting the individual venues. Visit www.usafacademyband.af.mil for additional information about the Rampart Winds and the United States Air Force Academy Band.
If you go
- March 2, 7:30 p.m., Temple Square Assembly Hall, must be 8 years old or older (801-240-3323 or lds.org/events)
- March 4, 7 p.m., Peery's Egyptian Theater, 2415 Washington Blvd., Ogden (801-689-8700)
- March 5, 7 p.m., with the Utah Youth Symphony, Libby Gardner Concert Hall, University of Utah (email email@example.com to request tickets)
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: The difference between...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- Olympian Michael Phelps arrested on DUI charge
- Utah Shakespeare Festival stages worthy,...
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,' boy says...
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 4
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- George Clooney marries human rights... 1
- Olympian Michael Phelps arrested on DUI... 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian... 1
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,'... 1