Courtesy of The United States Air Force Academy Band
The Rampart Winds is an ensemble with a purpose.
As an arm of the United States Air Force Academy Band, the group performs with the goal of increasing community relations, providing educational outreach and recruiting for the Air Force.
The band will bring its message and repertoire of original, contemporary and patriotic compositions to Utah with multiple free performances on March 2-5.
Rampart Winds is a five-piece wind ensemble comprised of a bassoon, flute, clarinet, oboe and horn. The five members have received advanced music training and provide workshops for high school and college students in addition to its many performances throughout the world.
Although the Utah shows are free, ticket reservations are encouraged and can be obtained by contacting the individual venues. Visit www.usafacademyband.af.mil for additional information about the Rampart Winds and the United States Air Force Academy Band.
If you go
- March 2, 7:30 p.m., Temple Square Assembly Hall, must be 8 years old or older (801-240-3323 or lds.org/events)
- March 4, 7 p.m., Peery's Egyptian Theater, 2415 Washington Blvd., Ogden (801-689-8700)
- March 5, 7 p.m., with the Utah Youth Symphony, Libby Gardner Concert Hall, University of Utah (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request tickets)
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager...
- The newscasters who have made the most cameos...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and...
- Extraterrestrial encounters: A look at 10...
- Chris Hicks: Slapstick comedy is given a bad...
- Hollywood's treatment of the disabled... 7
- Extraterrestrial encounters: A look at... 2
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Life, choices... 2
- 'Resurgence' is a weak payoff for fans... 2
- BET Awards full of Prince tributes and... 1
- Book review: 'Conspiracy at Carthage'... 1
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new... 0
- CNN hires fired Trump campaign manager... 0