Courtesy of The United States Air Force Academy Band
The Rampart Winds is an ensemble with a purpose.
As an arm of the United States Air Force Academy Band, the group performs with the goal of increasing community relations, providing educational outreach and recruiting for the Air Force.
The band will bring its message and repertoire of original, contemporary and patriotic compositions to Utah with multiple free performances on March 2-5.
Rampart Winds is a five-piece wind ensemble comprised of a bassoon, flute, clarinet, oboe and horn. The five members have received advanced music training and provide workshops for high school and college students in addition to its many performances throughout the world.
Although the Utah shows are free, ticket reservations are encouraged and can be obtained by contacting the individual venues. Visit www.usafacademyband.af.mil for additional information about the Rampart Winds and the United States Air Force Academy Band.
If you go
- March 2, 7:30 p.m., Temple Square Assembly Hall, must be 8 years old or older (801-240-3323 or lds.org/events)
- March 4, 7 p.m., Peery's Egyptian Theater, 2415 Washington Blvd., Ogden (801-689-8700)
- March 5, 7 p.m., with the Utah Youth Symphony, Libby Gardner Concert Hall, University of Utah (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request tickets)
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on tradition...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- John Lennon audio interviews surface on 'I'm...
- Ranking movies from best to worst
- Religious-themed films find home in Hollywood
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a theological...
- 'Heaven is for Real' delivers a... 9
- Sugar House fireworks show will go on... 6
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises... 4
- Ranking movies from best to worst 4
- In Our Lovely Deseret: Daughters and... 3
- 'Biggest Loser' casting call to be in... 3
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir to carry on... 3
- 'Captain Underpants' tops list of last... 2