#1 DeSean Miller, Sr., Guard (13.2 ppg)
#5 Garrett England, Jr., Forward (10.4 ppg)
#3 Clint Berhow, Sr., Forward (7.2 ppg)
#33 Mike Staes, Sr., Forward (6.1 ppg)
#12 Scott Anderson, Sr., Guard (5.1 ppg)
Scoring offense: 50.3 ppg (21st in 4A)
Scoring defense: 47.6 ppg (3rd in 4A)
Last state championship: 1977
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Sky View in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: Was a victory away from earning a share of the Region 7 title, but losing to Herriman in the regular season finale dropped the Eagles to the No. 3 seed. Skyline was looking like a legitimate 4A contender when it won at Olympus back in late January, but the offensive production hasn’t been the same since. Defensively though, it’s still one of the best teams in 4A, one when you do that in the playoffs you’ve always got a chance.
Springville Red Devils (15-6)
Coach: Chris Kitchen
How qualified: Finished third in Region 8 with a 9-5 record.
Playoff opener: vs. East, Monday, 2:30 p.m. (At Maverik Center)
Best preseason victory: A 51-45 win against Payson on Dec. 16.
Best region victory: A 75-74 (5OT) win at Timpview on Jan. 24.
#20 Nathan Israelsen, Sr., Forward (16.8 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.8 spg)
#14 Bradley Kitchen, Jr., Guard (9.3 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.2 apg, 1.5 spg)
#21 Max Schreiner, So., Forward (7.2 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.7 apg, 0.5 spg)
#5 McKay Murphy, Sr., Guard (7.1 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 1.3 apg, 0.4 spg)
#3 Parker Brady, Sr., Guard (6.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.0 spg)
Scoring offense: 56.0 ppg (9th in 4A)
Scoring defense: 49.0 ppg (6th in 4A)
Last state championship: 1958
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Mountain Crest in semifinals.
Edward’s evaluation: Has the potential to be a true sleeper team in the playoffs. The Red Devils’ resume isn’t all that glossy based on quality preseason wins, but they’ve been in just about every game this year, including both losses to Orem. One of those losses was in overtime, when a missed free throws could’ve iced the game.
Timpview T-Birds (12-9)
Coach: Perry Wildeboer
How qualified: Finished fourth in Region 8 with a 7-7 record.
Playoff opener: vs. Bountiful, Monday, 7:30 p.m. (At Maverik Center)
Best preseason victory: A 56-55 (OT) win against Desert Hills at Dixie State College on Dec. 20.
Best region victory: A 50-43 (OT) win at Provo on Feb. 21.
#20 Rickey Shumway, Sr., Guard (10.9 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.0 apg, 1.9 spg)
#21 Taylor Roy, Jr., Forward (10.0 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.8 apg, 0.4 spg)
#23 Dax Raymond, Jr., Forward (8.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.9 apg, 0.7 spg)
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Photo gallery: NFL players with local ties...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Video: Former BYU outfielder Jacob...
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for NBA...
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games ranked...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 95
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 63
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 50
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 29
- Brad Rock: Tackle football for girls... 20
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 14
- Morning links: Haws, Wright workout for... 14
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8