Best preseason victory: A 49-36 win against Westlake on Dec. 2.
Best region victory: A 52-50 win against Timpview on Jan. 27.
#11 Dallin Bosco, Jr., Guard (12.0 ppg)
#2 Adam Finch, Jr., Guard (8.3 ppg)
#32 Cole Gordon, Jr., Forward (7.2 ppg)
#41 Jonny Flake, Sr., Forward (6.6 ppg)
#21 Wesley Bosco, So., Guard (4.5 ppg)
Scoring offense: 51.6 ppg (18th in 4A)
Scoring defense: 49.7 ppg (7th in 4A)
Last state championship: 2008
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Highland in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: Back in the tournament after a one-year hiatus, it’s not surprising that this Provo team wins with defense. With that said, the defense really struggled in two games against No. 1 Orem and the Bulldogs are entering the playoffs on a two-game losing streak, which doesn’t bode well.
Sky View Bobcats (16-5)
Coach: Kirk Hillyard
How qualified: Finished in a first-place tie in Region 5 with Logan and Mountain Crest at 7-3, but after the region tiebreaker procedure it heads into playoffs as No. 2 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Skyline, Monday, 4:10 p.m. (At Maverik Center)
Best preseason victory: A 47-44 win at Northridge on Nov. 29.
Best region victory: A 62-52 (OT) win at Mountain Crest on Feb. 1.
#14 Jalen Moore, Jr., Forward (15.2 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.1 spg)
#32 Casey Oliverson, Sr., Forward (14.4 ppg, 9.0 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.6 spg)
#10 Riley Knowles, Sr., Guard (9.6 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.3 spg)
#12 Ty Nielsen, Jr., Guard (9.3 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1.4 spg)
#13 Michael Berentzen, Sr., Guard (2.8 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.9 spg)
Scoring offense: 59.3 ppg (3rd in 4A)
Scoring defense: 48.2 ppg (4th in 4A)
Last state championship: 1994
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Orem in quarterfinals.
Edward’s evaluation: Expectations were very high for this team entering the season, but they’ve been tempered a bit heading into the playoffs after a surprising 7-3 record in Region 5. A 13-point loss to Mountain Crest in the regular season finale dropped the Bobcats into a No. 2 seed, and now they’re staring at the likelihood of a quarterfinal showdown with Orem. That’s even if they can get out of the first round.
Skyline Eagles (15-6)
Coach: Derek Bunting
How qualified: Finished tied for second in Region 7 with Herriman with a 7-3 record, but got swept by Herriman and heads into the playoffs as the No. 3 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Sky View, Monday, 4:10 p.m. (At Maverik Center)
Best preseason victory: A 49-46 (OT) win at Cedar on Dec. 30.
Best region victory: A 59-52 win at Olympus on Jan. 27.
- Utah high schoolers who've reached the Super...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Former Utah Jazz guard Deron Williams had...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke comes off...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- BYU basketball analysis: Why the Cougars...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 60
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 34
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27