Jed Conklin, AP
SPOKANE, Wash. — Shooting an ice-cold 25 percent from the floor in the first half, BYU trails Gonzaga, 37-27, at halftime at the McCarthey Center.
Cougar guard Matt Carlino has 12 points, but the rest of the team has combined for just 15 points, all by Charles Abouo (8) and Brandon Davies (7).
For the Bulldogs, guards Kevin Pangos and Gary Bell Jr., each have eight points and Elias Harris has seven.
BYU forward Noah Hartsock, who suffered an MCL sprain in his left knee in last weekend's win over Santa Clara, has played sparingly and hasn't attempted a shot.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 172
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 113
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 44