TAYLORSVILLE — A man accused of having sex with a 13-year-old girl and recording some of the encounters on his cellphone has been arrested and booked into jail.
Now police are worried about other possible victims.
Corey James Eskelson, 22, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail for investigation of three counts of rape of a child and two counts of sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to investigators, Eskelson met a 13-year-old runaway and had sex with her on Feb. 9 and 10, said Tayorsville Police Sgt. Tracy Wyant. The two had sex at least three times, with Eskelson recording two of the encounters on his cellphone, according to a jail report.
After the girl decided to return to her home, she told an adult what had happened, Wyant said. Police were contacted Wednesday and Eskelson was arrested.
The sexual encounters allegedly occurred at an apartment near 3900 South and 1100 West. Wyant did not know Thursday who officially rents the apartment, noting it appeared to be a crash pad for several people.
Police have dealt with the apartment and Eskelson in the past, he said.
Utah court records show Eskelson, who also goes by the monikers "Demon," "Sonic" and "Nightmare," was convicted last month in 3rd District Court on an amended misdemeanor charge of aggravated assault. He is scheduled to be sentenced on that conviction in March.
Last April he pleaded guilty in a West Jordan Justice Court to misdemeanor electronic communication harassment. A warrant was issued for his arrest on that case because he failed to pay a court-ordered fine, according to court records. That warrant was active at the time of Eskelson's arrest on the child rape investigation.
In 2010, Eskelson pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in Taylorsville Justice Court. He was originally given probation but later sent to jail after violating the conditions of his probation, according to court records.
In 2009, he was convicted of aggravated assault in 3rd District Court. He was given a "zero tolerance" probation, which he later violated, and he was sent to jail for less than a year.
Wyant said investigators are concerned about other potential victims connected to Eskelson's latest arrest. Anyone with information can contact police at 801-743-7000.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- Father of slain woman said he lived his life...
- 2 children critically injured in wrong-way...
- Judge sets November hearing for ex-A.G.s Mark...
- Car traveling 100 mph crashes into parked...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Feminist speaker claims USU didn't warn... 32
- Federal government extends same-sex... 29
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14