, Derek Petersen
BOUNTIFUL — A Bountiful woman was booked into the Davis County Jail overnight after police say she stabbed and killed her boyfriend.
Shannon Sander, 43, and Michael Dunn, 52, had been arguing all day Tuesday, said Bountiful Police Lt. Sol Oberg.
"It was an off and on argument about different things," he said.
Police believe just after 11 p.m. at Dunn's apartment, 2520 S. 500 West, Sander took a kitchen knife and stabbed Dunn in the chest. Sander then went to a neighbor's apartment and although she did not say she stabbed her boyfriend, she said enough to cause the neighbor concern and he called 911, Oberg said.
When emergency crews arrived, they found Dunn who died a short time later.
Sander was located by investigators on 500 West.
"She was leaving the scene," Oberg said, while adding, "She wasn't hiding from us."
After being questioned by detectives, Dunn admitted that an ongoing argument culminated with her stabbing Dunn, Oberg said. The couple had apparently been drinking alcohol before the argument.
Police had been called to the apartment in the past to deal with Dunn and Sander both together and individually in the past, mainly on nuisance-type complaints, the lieutenant said.
Sander was booked for investigation of murder.
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 106
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 26
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19