Today in the Bloggernacle: A message from President Monson and a Mormon looks at Lent
Giving service: President Monson has a special message just for children. Watch this delightful new Mormon Messages video “Pass it On,” then pass it on to the children in your life and pass the message of service on to those around you. Love it!
Ash Wednesday: Today marks Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent for the Catholic Church. One blogger takes “A Mormon Look at Lent” and discovers some similarities in the practice of fasting and giving: “As you can see, even with minimal understanding of Lent, members of the LDS Church have much in common with our Catholic friends. What I appreciate learning most is that all who love Jesus Christ, and recognize Him as our personal Savior, have a deep desire to express our love in similitude of His Great Sacrifice.” Beautifully stated.
Snowboarding athlete: "My name is Jeremy Jones and I always told my mom and my dad that I won't wear a suit and a tie to work." Meet snowboarder Jeremy Jones who loves his sport and loves that he can do it for his employment, "but that is what it is." His love of his family and his faith comes first. Learn more about this new Mormon.org profile.
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays.
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- LDS growth in India draws media attention
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 29
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional... 23
- Defending the Faith: 'Pleased as man... 20
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 18