SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz are trailing by three at halftime to the San Antonio Spurs at EnergySolutions Arena.
Al Jefferson scored 12 points and Devin Harris added 10 points, but the Spurs rallied out of an eight-point deficit to take a 56-53 lead into the locker room.
Tony Parker is the latest point guard to dissect the Jazz's defense. A night after Kyle Lowry went off for 32 points in Houston's 101-85 win over Utah, Parker has hit 6 of 10 shots to score 14 points while dishing out six assists.
Matt Bonner has also killed the Jazz from the outside, drilling four 3-pointers en route to scoring 12 points.
DeJuan Blair (11 points) and Tim Duncan (10) have also hit double figures for the Spurs, who have won 10 straight games..
San Antonio is playing without Manu Ginobili, Tiago Splitter and T.J. Ford because of injuries.
The Jazz are also down a man as starting shooting guard Raja Bell was unable to go due to a strained left adductor (groin) incurred in Sunday's loss.
The biggest buzz in the arena has been the attendance of Hall of Famer Karl Malone. He is seated next to the crazy doctor behind the basket.
It's uncertain if Malone and Jazz CEO Greg Miller have made amends since they engaged in a war of words a couple of weeks ago. Miller sat in his usal courtside seat next to the scorer's table, about 40 feet away from The Mailman.
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- No stranger to struggle: Cottonwood's Cooper...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars trounce the...
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep Utah...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Utah football: Ute offense shines in...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 62
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 58
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 56
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 18
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to... 17
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 17
- Utah Jazz: Trey Burke scores career... 15