Spurs rally to take 3-point lead over Jazz at halftime
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz are trailing by three at halftime to the San Antonio Spurs at EnergySolutions Arena.
Al Jefferson scored 12 points and Devin Harris added 10 points, but the Spurs rallied out of an eight-point deficit to take a 56-53 lead into the locker room.
Tony Parker is the latest point guard to dissect the Jazz's defense. A night after Kyle Lowry went off for 32 points in Houston's 101-85 win over Utah, Parker has hit 6 of 10 shots to score 14 points while dishing out six assists.
Matt Bonner has also killed the Jazz from the outside, drilling four 3-pointers en route to scoring 12 points.
DeJuan Blair (11 points) and Tim Duncan (10) have also hit double figures for the Spurs, who have won 10 straight games..
San Antonio is playing without Manu Ginobili, Tiago Splitter and T.J. Ford because of injuries.
The Jazz are also down a man as starting shooting guard Raja Bell was unable to go due to a strained left adductor (groin) incurred in Sunday's loss.
The biggest buzz in the arena has been the attendance of Hall of Famer Karl Malone. He is seated next to the crazy doctor behind the basket.
It's uncertain if Malone and Jazz CEO Greg Miller have made amends since they engaged in a war of words a couple of weeks ago. Miller sat in his usal courtside seat next to the scorer's table, about 40 feet away from The Mailman.
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 63
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22