Spurs rally to take 3-point lead over Jazz at halftime
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Jazz are trailing by three at halftime to the San Antonio Spurs at EnergySolutions Arena.
Al Jefferson scored 12 points and Devin Harris added 10 points, but the Spurs rallied out of an eight-point deficit to take a 56-53 lead into the locker room.
Tony Parker is the latest point guard to dissect the Jazz's defense. A night after Kyle Lowry went off for 32 points in Houston's 101-85 win over Utah, Parker has hit 6 of 10 shots to score 14 points while dishing out six assists.
Matt Bonner has also killed the Jazz from the outside, drilling four 3-pointers en route to scoring 12 points.
DeJuan Blair (11 points) and Tim Duncan (10) have also hit double figures for the Spurs, who have won 10 straight games..
San Antonio is playing without Manu Ginobili, Tiago Splitter and T.J. Ford because of injuries.
The Jazz are also down a man as starting shooting guard Raja Bell was unable to go due to a strained left adductor (groin) incurred in Sunday's loss.
The biggest buzz in the arena has been the attendance of Hall of Famer Karl Malone. He is seated next to the crazy doctor behind the basket.
It's uncertain if Malone and Jazz CEO Greg Miller have made amends since they engaged in a war of words a couple of weeks ago. Miller sat in his usal courtside seat next to the scorer's table, about 40 feet away from The Mailman.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- Morning links: Were the Utes the latest...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35