CLINTON — A stubborn attic fire Monday morning caused $90,000 in damage to a Clinton home and forced the homeowner to flee to safety.
Clinton Fire Chief Jason Poulsen said the woman was awakened at 5:45 a.m. by a large popping noise outside her bedroom window on the exterior of the house.
The noise was coming from an electrical circuit breaker panel that had malfunctioned, shutting down power to her home, Poulsen said. The woman called her daughter who lives next door and who could see smoke billowing from the attic.
Fire crews from several agencies found the home's attic completely shrouded in smoke with flames licking the corner of the room.
Poulsen said a false roof added on to the attic made access difficult, but the fire was eventually extinguished.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- A firsthand perspective: Reflecting on the...
- Man's decision to stop his life support led...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 59
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- Attorney General John Swallow says he's... 16