WEST JORDAN — Police are investigating the shooting of a teenager who was hospitalized Saturday with a gunshot wound to his neck.
Police are unsure about the circumstances surrounding the shooting at the West Jordan home at 5176 W. 8820 South, said West Jordan police officer Ian Adams. The victim is a 15-year-old boy.
"He was conscious and able to talk to (emergency responders)," Adams said. "But he is in serious condition and has been flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center)."
Officers will question family members in an effort to determine exactly what happened. The shooting occurred about 7 p.m. while family members were in the home, he said.
Investigators are trying to figure out what kind of weapon was used and who — if anyone — was with the teen when the gun went off.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12