WEST JORDAN — Police are investigating the shooting of a teenager who was hospitalized Saturday with a gunshot wound to his neck.
Police are unsure about the circumstances surrounding the shooting at the West Jordan home at 5176 W. 8820 South, said West Jordan police officer Ian Adams. The victim is a 15-year-old boy.
"He was conscious and able to talk to (emergency responders)," Adams said. "But he is in serious condition and has been flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center)."
Officers will question family members in an effort to determine exactly what happened. The shooting occurred about 7 p.m. while family members were in the home, he said.
Investigators are trying to figure out what kind of weapon was used and who — if anyone — was with the teen when the gun went off.
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Resting her case: Judge reflects on Cuban...
- Christmas tradition: Judge visits jail to...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...
- What to do after the presents are opened?...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 125
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 18
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested... 12
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 12
- Utah family making renewed push for... 9
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9