WEST JORDAN — Police are investigating the shooting of a teenager who was hospitalized Saturday with a gunshot wound to his neck.
Police are unsure about the circumstances surrounding the shooting at the West Jordan home at 5176 W. 8820 South, said West Jordan police officer Ian Adams. The victim is a 15-year-old boy.
"He was conscious and able to talk to (emergency responders)," Adams said. "But he is in serious condition and has been flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center)."
Officers will question family members in an effort to determine exactly what happened. The shooting occurred about 7 p.m. while family members were in the home, he said.
Investigators are trying to figure out what kind of weapon was used and who — if anyone — was with the teen when the gun went off.
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10