WEST JORDAN — Police are investigating the shooting of a teenager who was hospitalized Saturday with a gunshot wound to his neck.
Police are unsure about the circumstances surrounding the shooting at the West Jordan home at 5176 W. 8820 South, said West Jordan police officer Ian Adams. The victim is a 15-year-old boy.
"He was conscious and able to talk to (emergency responders)," Adams said. "But he is in serious condition and has been flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center)."
Officers will question family members in an effort to determine exactly what happened. The shooting occurred about 7 p.m. while family members were in the home, he said.
Investigators are trying to figure out what kind of weapon was used and who — if anyone — was with the teen when the gun went off.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 22
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 13