WEST JORDAN — Police are investigating the shooting of a teenager who was hospitalized Saturday with a gunshot wound to his neck.
Police are unsure about the circumstances surrounding the shooting at the West Jordan home at 5176 W. 8820 South, said West Jordan police officer Ian Adams. The victim is a 15-year-old boy.
"He was conscious and able to talk to (emergency responders)," Adams said. "But he is in serious condition and has been flown to Primary Children's (Medical Center)."
Officers will question family members in an effort to determine exactly what happened. The shooting occurred about 7 p.m. while family members were in the home, he said.
Investigators are trying to figure out what kind of weapon was used and who — if anyone — was with the teen when the gun went off.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Q-and-A with Val Hale: a 'pretty...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10