India Phadnis, Sr., Forward (3.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.7 apg, 0.4 spg)
Scoring offense: 51.3 ppg (9th in 4A)
Scoring defense: 37.1 ppg (2nd in 4A)
Last state championship: 2008 (5A)
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Bonneville in semifinals.
Sky View Bobcats (15-6)
Coach: Jan Hall
How qualified: Finished in a second-place tie in Region 5 with Mountain Crest at 7-3, but lost the coin toss to fall into the No. 3 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Westlake, Monday, 9:10 p.m. (At SLCC)
Best preseason victory: A 53-50 win against Lone Peak on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 55-50 win against Mountain Crest on Feb. 2.
Tara Goldman, Jr., Forward (13.4 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.7 apg, 1.5 spg)
Maddie Day, Jr., Guard (10.8 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Dannika Webb, Sr., Guard (9.1 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 4.2 apg, 3.1 spg)
Kendra Falslev, Jr., Forward (7.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 0.9 apg, 0.9 spg)
Whitney Alvey, Sr., Guard (6.8 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.6 apg, 1.9 spg)
Scoring offense: 56.4 ppg (1st in 4A)
Scoring defense: 49.6 ppg (19th in 4A)
Last state championship: 2008
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Cyprus in quarterfinals.
Springville Red Devils (11-10)
Coach: Nancy Warner
How qualified: Finished fourth in Region 8 with an 8-6 record
Playoff opener: vs. Cyprus, Monday, 7:30 p.m. (At SLCC)
Best preseason victory: A 60-36 win at Spanish Fork on Dec. 6.
Best region victory: A 68-63 win at Salem Hills on Feb. 10.
Malia Nawahine, Jr., Guard (17.2 ppg)
Savannah Park, So., Guard (9.9 ppg)
Ashli Averett, Jr., Guard (6.7 ppg)
Hannah Packard, Jr., Guard (4.6 ppg)
Brooke Wheeler, So., Center (3.5 ppg)
Scoring offense: 50.9 ppg (10th in 4A)
Scoring defense: 49.2 ppg (16th in 4A)
Last state championship: 2011
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Cyprus in first round.
Timpanogos T-Wolves (15-6)
Coach: Kawika Akina
How qualified: Finished in a second-place tie with Maple Mountain in Region 8 at 10-4, but heads into the playoffs as the No. 2 seed after the region tiebreaker procedure.
Playoff opener: vs. Woods Cross, Monday, 9:30 a.m. (At SLCC)
Best preseason victory: A 59-53 win at Lone Peak on Dec. 20.
Best region victory: A 46-45 win against Salem Hills on Jan. 6.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29