WEST VALLEY CITY — Mayor Mike Winder has released a list of endorsements for his candidacy in the race for Salt Lake County mayor.
The list includes Sen. Aaron Osmond, R-South Jordan; Rep. Johnny Anderson, R-Taylorsville; Rep. Derek Brown, R-Cottonwood Heights; Rep. Jim Dunnigan, R-Taylorsville; Rep. Steve Eliason, R-Sandy; Rep. Greg Hughes, R-Draper; Rep. Eric Hutchings, R-Kearns; and Rep. Ken Ivory, R-West Jordan.
Winder said other mayors in the county supporting his candidacy are Melissa Johnson, West Jordan; Darrell Smith, Draper; Dan Snarr, Murray; Derk Timothy, Bluffdale; Russ Wall, Taylorsville; and Cherie Wood, South Salt Lake.
City council members from around the Salt Lake Valley supporting Winder include Dama Barbour, Taylorsville; Steve Barnes, South Jordan; Scott Bracken, Cottonwood Heights; Brian Butters, South Jordan; Carlton Christensen, Salt Lake City; Steve Fairbanks, Sandy; Paul Hunt, Midvale; Bruce Kartchner, Bluffdale; Boyd Marshall, South Salt Lake; Chris McCandless, Sandy; Chad Nicols, West Jordan; Kristie Overson, Taylorsville; Jerry Rechtenbach, Taylorsville; Larry Short, South Jordan; Ben Southworth, West Jordan; and from West Valley City, Don Christensen, Tom Huynh and Corey Rushton.
"I'm humbled to have the support of so many of my peers, and excited about the positive momentum the campaign is building," Winder said in a prepared statement.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23