WEST VALLEY CITY — Mayor Mike Winder has released a list of endorsements for his candidacy in the race for Salt Lake County mayor.
The list includes Sen. Aaron Osmond, R-South Jordan; Rep. Johnny Anderson, R-Taylorsville; Rep. Derek Brown, R-Cottonwood Heights; Rep. Jim Dunnigan, R-Taylorsville; Rep. Steve Eliason, R-Sandy; Rep. Greg Hughes, R-Draper; Rep. Eric Hutchings, R-Kearns; and Rep. Ken Ivory, R-West Jordan.
Winder said other mayors in the county supporting his candidacy are Melissa Johnson, West Jordan; Darrell Smith, Draper; Dan Snarr, Murray; Derk Timothy, Bluffdale; Russ Wall, Taylorsville; and Cherie Wood, South Salt Lake.
City council members from around the Salt Lake Valley supporting Winder include Dama Barbour, Taylorsville; Steve Barnes, South Jordan; Scott Bracken, Cottonwood Heights; Brian Butters, South Jordan; Carlton Christensen, Salt Lake City; Steve Fairbanks, Sandy; Paul Hunt, Midvale; Bruce Kartchner, Bluffdale; Boyd Marshall, South Salt Lake; Chris McCandless, Sandy; Chad Nicols, West Jordan; Kristie Overson, Taylorsville; Jerry Rechtenbach, Taylorsville; Larry Short, South Jordan; Ben Southworth, West Jordan; and from West Valley City, Don Christensen, Tom Huynh and Corey Rushton.
"I'm humbled to have the support of so many of my peers, and excited about the positive momentum the campaign is building," Winder said in a prepared statement.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22