OREM — The Utah Valley University men's and women's cross country teams are batting 1.000.
Since becoming eligible for NCAA postseason awards four years ago, the Wolverines have taken advantage.
For the fourth consecutive year, the teams were honored by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches' Association for their academic achievements.
The women's team, which recorded a team GPA of 3.40, was one of 205 institutions represent 30 conferences that compose the group to earn Div. I All-Academic status.
To lead all conferences, 14 teams from the Big East Conference earned All-Academic nods. The Pac-12 followed with 11. The Great West Conference had three: UVU, NJIT and Houston Baptist.
The men's team, which recorded a team GPA of 3.09, was one of 147 institutions represent 30 conferences that compose the group to earn Div. I All-Academic status.
The Big East Conference had the most squads make the list with 11. The Big 12 followed with eight. The Great West Conference had two: UVU and NJIT.
To qualify as a USTFCCCA All-Academic Cross Country Team, the team must have had a cumulative team GPA of 3.00 or better and have started at least five runners at their respective NCAA regional championship.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 64
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 24
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14