OREM — The Utah Valley University men's and women's cross country teams are batting 1.000.
Since becoming eligible for NCAA postseason awards four years ago, the Wolverines have taken advantage.
For the fourth consecutive year, the teams were honored by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross Country Coaches' Association for their academic achievements.
The women's team, which recorded a team GPA of 3.40, was one of 205 institutions represent 30 conferences that compose the group to earn Div. I All-Academic status.
To lead all conferences, 14 teams from the Big East Conference earned All-Academic nods. The Pac-12 followed with 11. The Great West Conference had three: UVU, NJIT and Houston Baptist.
The men's team, which recorded a team GPA of 3.09, was one of 147 institutions represent 30 conferences that compose the group to earn Div. I All-Academic status.
The Big East Conference had the most squads make the list with 11. The Big 12 followed with eight. The Great West Conference had two: UVU and NJIT.
To qualify as a USTFCCCA All-Academic Cross Country Team, the team must have had a cumulative team GPA of 3.00 or better and have started at least five runners at their respective NCAA regional championship.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13