Playoff opener: vs. Cedar, Saturday, 6 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 56-50 win at Payson on Jan. 4.
Best region victory: A 61-54 win at Park City on Jan. 6.
Matt Pelo, Sr., Guard (19.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.3 apg, 2.0 spg)
Zack Watts, Sr., Guard (11.0 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Cale Strong, Sr., Guard (9.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.0 apg, 1.2 spg)
Parker Davis, Sr., Guard (5.0 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.4 apg, 1.3 spg)
Jake Segura, Sr., Center (2.1 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.1 apg, 0.1 spg)
Scoring offense: 55.4 ppg (12th in 3A)
Scoring defense: 55.0 ppg (18th in 3A)
Last state championship: 2011
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Cedar in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: The two-time defending state champs are an afterthought in the 3A conversation this year. A 3-peat is very unlikely, however, there’s enough talent on this team and the bracket is favorable enough that the Wasps could win a game or two.
Deseret News prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer.
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 188
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 85
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 50