Playoff opener: vs. Cedar, Saturday, 6 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 56-50 win at Payson on Jan. 4.
Best region victory: A 61-54 win at Park City on Jan. 6.
Matt Pelo, Sr., Guard (19.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.3 apg, 2.0 spg)
Zack Watts, Sr., Guard (11.0 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Cale Strong, Sr., Guard (9.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.0 apg, 1.2 spg)
Parker Davis, Sr., Guard (5.0 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.4 apg, 1.3 spg)
Jake Segura, Sr., Center (2.1 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.1 apg, 0.1 spg)
Scoring offense: 55.4 ppg (12th in 3A)
Scoring defense: 55.0 ppg (18th in 3A)
Last state championship: 2011
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Cedar in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: The two-time defending state champs are an afterthought in the 3A conversation this year. A 3-peat is very unlikely, however, there’s enough talent on this team and the bracket is favorable enough that the Wasps could win a game or two.
Deseret News prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer.
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks off...
- Catching up: Old friends Andre Miller, Alex...
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit smiles...
- Tournament central: 5A boys semifinals live...
- Tournament central: 4A boys basketball live...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- 4A boys basketball semifinals: Olympus vs....
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 54
- UteLinks: A look at Utah's RPI breakdown 52
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 46
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 42
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28
- BYU basketball: Bottom seed LMU knocks... 24