Playoff opener: vs. Cedar, Saturday, 6 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 56-50 win at Payson on Jan. 4.
Best region victory: A 61-54 win at Park City on Jan. 6.
Matt Pelo, Sr., Guard (19.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.3 apg, 2.0 spg)
Zack Watts, Sr., Guard (11.0 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.2 spg)
Cale Strong, Sr., Guard (9.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.0 apg, 1.2 spg)
Parker Davis, Sr., Guard (5.0 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.4 apg, 1.3 spg)
Jake Segura, Sr., Center (2.1 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.1 apg, 0.1 spg)
Scoring offense: 55.4 ppg (12th in 3A)
Scoring defense: 55.0 ppg (18th in 3A)
Last state championship: 2011
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Cedar in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: The two-time defending state champs are an afterthought in the 3A conversation this year. A 3-peat is very unlikely, however, there’s enough talent on this team and the bracket is favorable enough that the Wasps could win a game or two.
Deseret News prep editor and Real Salt Lake beat writer.
- High school football: Reigning Mr. Football...
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and Cecil O....
- Ready to roll: US national soccer team ready...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their own...
- Utah Jazz: Massive, state-of-the-art...
- Twitter reaction: U.S. men's soccer team...
- Brad Rock: Taking American soccer to heart
- A closer look at the Utah Jazz's 2013...
- BYU football: Cougars must secure their... 150
- High school football: Reigning Mr.... 45
- Dick Harmon: Bronco Mendenhall and... 29
- Phil Steele ranks USU 2nd-most... 28
- Trevor Reilly, Jake Murphy to represent... 22
- Teen's family apologizes to family of... 21
- Austin Collie's workout with San... 18
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Unprecedented... 18