Barkley Christensen, Jr., Guard (15.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.7 apg, 1.3 spg)
Logan Meyer, Jr., Forward (13.2 ppg, 5.4 rpg, 1.9 apg, 2.0 spg)
Landon Palmer, Sr., Center (6.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.4 spg)
Ammon Mitchell, Jr., Forward (4.8 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.5 spg)
Isaac Morley, Jr., Forward (4.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.7 spg)
Scoring offense: 51.0 ppg (12th in 2A)
Scoring defense: 54.2 ppg (10th in 2A)
Last state championship: San Juan 1992, Grand 1973
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Beaver in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: Wins over Richfield and Emery are a sign that the Broncos can make some noise at state. However, those two games were at home, and the Broncos lost to those same two teams on the road. Without home court advantage in the playoffs, San Juan could be in trouble.
South Sevier Rams (20-1)
Coach: Scott Hunt
How qualified: Finished first in Region 15 with an 8-0 record
Playoff opener: vs. Parowan, Saturday, 10:30 a.m. (At Snow College)
Best preseason victory: A 65-50 win at Fremont on Dec. 6.
Best region victory: A 47-39 win against Richfield on Jan. 20.
Race Parsons, Jr., Guard (23.9 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 2.2 apg, 1.7 spg)
Kaden King, Sr., Guard (13.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.8 apg, 1.3 spg)
Austin Clark, Jr., Forward (13.0 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.8 spg)
Patrick Baker, Jr., Forward (7.3 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 2.5 apg, 2.3 spg)
Colton Jones, Sr., Guard (2.2 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 5.6 apg, 0.9 spg)
Scoring offense: 63.6 ppg (2nd in 2A)
Scoring defense: 45.8 ppg (2nd in 2A)
Last state championship: 2011
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Win over Wasatch Academy in championship game.
Edward’s evaluation: With a 20-game winning streak, South Sevier is the obvious favorite in the 2A state tournament this year. Season-opening loss to Wasatch Academy is a distant memory, and you know the Rams would love a shot at avenging that loss in a state championship game.
South Summit Wildcats (10-11)
Coach: Dusty Hatch
How qualified: Finished first in Region 14 with a 7-1 record
Playoff opener: vs. North Sevier, Saturday, 6:30 p.m. (At Snow College)
Best preseason victory: A 65-46 win against American Leadership on Dec. 16.
Best region victory: A 41-40 win at Waterford on Jan. 27.
Bonner Mitchell, Sr., Center (12.6 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 0.7 apg, 1.1 spg)
Matt Rydalch, Sr., Guard (10.1 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.9 apg, 1.5 spg)
Beau Rydalch, So., Forward (8.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg, 0.7 spg)
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 40
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26