How qualified: Finished tied for second in Region 13 with Millard at 5-3, but lost the season series to Millard to fall into the No. 3 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. Emery, Saturday, 8 p.m. (Snow College)
Best preseason victory: A 62-59 win against Wayne at the Wayne Holiday Classic on Dec. 30.
Best region victory: A 61-58 at Beaver on Feb. 3.
Justin Prisbrey, So., Forward (9.1 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.0 apg, 0.9 spg)
Brett Schill, Sr., Center (9.3 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.9 spg)
Ryan West, Sr., Guard (8.6 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 2.5 apg, 2.4 spg)
Parker Laub, Sr., Forward (8.1 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 0.8 apg, 1.2 spg)
Dayce Truman, Jr., Guard (5.6 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 0.3 apg, 0.7 spg)
Scoring offense: 54.1 ppg (8th in 2A)
Scoring defense: 56.0 ppg (13th in 2A)
Last state championship: 1994 (1A)
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Emery in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: Enterprise heads into the playoffs with a bit of momentum after winning its final three games. It should keep it close with Emery and perhaps steal the victory.
Gunnison Bulldogs (12-9)
Coach: Ben Hill
How qualified: Finished third in Region 16 with a 4-4 record
Playoff opener: vs. Waterford, Saturday, 1:30 p.m. (At Snow College)
Best preseason victory: A 44-41 win at South Summit on Jan. 13.
Best region victory: A 71-66 win against North Sevier on Feb. 3.
Colby Caldwell, Jr., Guard (14.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.8 spg)
Nik Roberts, Jr., Forward (9.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 0.2 spg)
Ty Bartholomew, Sr., Guard (9.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.8 spg)
Braden Harris, Jr., Center (7.6 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 0.6 spg)
Lafe Christensen, Jr., Guard (4.2 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.5 spg)
Scoring offense: 51.6 ppg (10th in 2A)
Scoring defense: 49.6 ppg (8th in 2A)
Last state championship: 1999
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Waterford in first round.
Edward’s evaluation: Lost to Waterford earlier this year 50-43, and the Bulldogs will need to keep Waterford off the offensive glass in this match-up if they hope to pull off the upset.
Manti Templars (14-6)
Coach: Kyle Crouch
How qualified: Tied Wasatch Academy for the Region 16 title with a 7-1 record. Lost the resulting coin flip though and enters the playoffs as the No. 2 seed.
Playoff opener: vs. North Summit, Saturday, 9 a.m. (At Snow College)
Best preseason victory: A 66-43 win at North Summit on Jan. 6.
Best region victory: A 61-49 win against Wasatch Academy on Feb. 3.
Jamen Miller, Jr., Guard (12.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 0.9 apg, 2.2 spg)
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 commissioner frank about...
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 93
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 76
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26