Caitlin Gruis, Sr. (8.4 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.2 spg)
Dona Sansone, Sr. (5.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.8 spg)
Kyra McComas, Sr. (5.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.4 spg)
Sydney Richards, Sr. (3.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.5 spg)
Scoring offense: 55.4 ppg (3rd in 3A)
Scoring defense: 49.0 ppg (19th in 3A)
Last state championship: None
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Desert Hills in semifinals.
Morgan Trojans (17-4)
Coach: Brad Matthews
How qualified: Finished first in Region 11 with a 12-0 record
Playoff opener: vs. Spanish Fork, Friday, 5:30 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 52-49 win at Mountain Crest on Nov. 22.
Best region victory: A 62-49 win at Bear River on Jan. 31.
Rashel Blazzard, So., Guard (14.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.8 apg, 4.4 spg)
Kelsey Henry, Sr., Center (13.4 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 1.1 apg, 2.0 spg)
McKenzie Schenk, So., Forward (12.0 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.6 apg, 2.4 spg)
Shaylie Duncan, So., Guard (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.5 spg)
Whitney Morgan, Sr., Forward (3.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.1 spg)
Scoring offense: 57.3 ppg (1st in 3A)
Scoring defense: 40.4 ppg (9th in 3A)
Last state championship: 2004
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Desert Hills in quarterfinals.
Ogden Tigers (9-11)
Coach: Rob McGill
How qualified: Finished third for third with Stansbury in Region 11 with a 6-6 record, but enters the playoffs as the No. 4 seed after losing the coin flip.
Playoff opener: at Carbon, Friday, 7 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 46-40 win against Northridge at the Burchell Classic on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 63-53 win against Stansbury on Feb. 2.
Morgan Jones, Jr., Guard (9.2 ppg)
Kelsey East, Jr., Guard (8.9 ppg)
Amy Ulrich, Jr., Guard (7.0 ppg)
Haley Lythgoe, Jr., Guard (6.6 ppg)
Mariah Wood, Sr., Center (2.7 ppg)
Scoring offense: 41.8 ppg (17th in 3A)
Scoring defense: 45.2 ppg (13th in 3A)
Last state championship: 1996 (4A)
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Carbon in first round.
Snow Canyon Warriors (15-5)
Coach: Wade Jensen
How qualified: Finished first in Region 9 with an 11-1 record
Playoff opener: vs. Uintah, Friday, 7 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 59-45 win against Delta on Dec. 7.
Best region victory: A 52-49 win at Desert Hills on Feb. 9.
- Will BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson play vs....
- Ranking the best season by a quarterback in...
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on the...
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks off...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- College football predictions: How will... 137
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36