Caitlin Gruis, Sr. (8.4 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.2 spg)
Dona Sansone, Sr. (5.7 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.8 spg)
Kyra McComas, Sr. (5.1 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.3 apg, 1.4 spg)
Sydney Richards, Sr. (3.7 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.6 apg, 0.5 spg)
Scoring offense: 55.4 ppg (3rd in 3A)
Scoring defense: 49.0 ppg (19th in 3A)
Last state championship: None
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Desert Hills in semifinals.
Morgan Trojans (17-4)
Coach: Brad Matthews
How qualified: Finished first in Region 11 with a 12-0 record
Playoff opener: vs. Spanish Fork, Friday, 5:30 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 52-49 win at Mountain Crest on Nov. 22.
Best region victory: A 62-49 win at Bear River on Jan. 31.
Rashel Blazzard, So., Guard (14.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.8 apg, 4.4 spg)
Kelsey Henry, Sr., Center (13.4 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 1.1 apg, 2.0 spg)
McKenzie Schenk, So., Forward (12.0 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 1.6 apg, 2.4 spg)
Shaylie Duncan, So., Guard (4.9 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.5 spg)
Whitney Morgan, Sr., Forward (3.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.1 spg)
Scoring offense: 57.3 ppg (1st in 3A)
Scoring defense: 40.4 ppg (9th in 3A)
Last state championship: 2004
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Desert Hills in quarterfinals.
Ogden Tigers (9-11)
Coach: Rob McGill
How qualified: Finished third for third with Stansbury in Region 11 with a 6-6 record, but enters the playoffs as the No. 4 seed after losing the coin flip.
Playoff opener: at Carbon, Friday, 7 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 46-40 win against Northridge at the Burchell Classic on Dec. 9.
Best region victory: A 63-53 win against Stansbury on Feb. 2.
Morgan Jones, Jr., Guard (9.2 ppg)
Kelsey East, Jr., Guard (8.9 ppg)
Amy Ulrich, Jr., Guard (7.0 ppg)
Haley Lythgoe, Jr., Guard (6.6 ppg)
Mariah Wood, Sr., Center (2.7 ppg)
Scoring offense: 41.8 ppg (17th in 3A)
Scoring defense: 45.2 ppg (13th in 3A)
Last state championship: 1996 (4A)
Prep editor James Edward’s bracket: Loss to Carbon in first round.
Snow Canyon Warriors (15-5)
Coach: Wade Jensen
How qualified: Finished first in Region 9 with an 11-1 record
Playoff opener: vs. Uintah, Friday, 7 p.m.
Best preseason victory: A 59-45 win against Delta on Dec. 7.
Best region victory: A 52-49 win at Desert Hills on Feb. 9.
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- Brad Rock: Enes Kanter doesn't deserve the abuse
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 127
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35