SALT LAKE CITY — Trinity AME Church on Tuesday held a press conference on the 252nd birthday of Bishop Richard Allen. Bishop Allen, who was born a slave and then obtained freedom, started the AME Church.
Salt Lake Mayor Ralph Becker declared this Feb. 14 as "AME Church Founder Bishop Richard Allen Day - A Day Dedicated to Love."
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San Juan...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- BYU's first physics grad earns posthumous Grammy
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 34
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11