SALT LAKE CITY — Trinity AME Church on Tuesday held a press conference on the 252nd birthday of Bishop Richard Allen. Bishop Allen, who was born a slave and then obtained freedom, started the AME Church.
Salt Lake Mayor Ralph Becker declared this Feb. 14 as "AME Church Founder Bishop Richard Allen Day - A Day Dedicated to Love."
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12