SALT LAKE CITY — Trinity AME Church on Tuesday held a press conference on the 252nd birthday of Bishop Richard Allen. Bishop Allen, who was born a slave and then obtained freedom, started the AME Church.
Salt Lake Mayor Ralph Becker declared this Feb. 14 as "AME Church Founder Bishop Richard Allen Day - A Day Dedicated to Love."
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House...
- February deemed a snowpack savior for...
- FBI investigating shooting of Fort Duchesne man
- Artifact vandalism near Moab a growing problem
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 49
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 39
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 25
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden... 23
- Birth father rights the focus of two... 22